"Chicken Alaska" Chicken by MTrav
Chicken Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 43 photos
Chicken is a very small community along the Taylor highway, between Tok and Dawson, just west of the Alaska - Canada border.
Most of the people who live in Chicken are gold miners. The Taylor highway is closed in the winter, and travel is limited to aircraft and snowmachine.
In the summer, Chicken is a fun place to stop on the way to Dawson. The bar is social and unique, and camping is normally allowed in the parking lot or the nearby woods.
There used to be a small cannon in front of the bar. If a woman sacrificed her panties to be fired from the cannon, she could drink for free all night. If the tattered undergarment was recovered, it was pinned to the ceiling in the bar. I havent seen that cannon for awhile.
Everytime I pass through, I always end up spending the night, having a great time, and meeting great people.
MTrav's Related Pages
Chicken Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Downtown Chicken, Alaska"
- "Another "clucking" Chicken, Alaska story!"
- "Chicken Alaska"
- "Enough said"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chicken
- Hotels in Chicken
- Transportation in Chicken
- Nightlife in Chicken
- Restaurants in Chicken
- Shopping in Chicken
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chicken
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Chicken?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chicken
Top 10 Pages
- Alaska Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos
- Katmai National Park and Preserve Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos
- Sitka Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fairbanks Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Puerto Rico Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Aguadilla Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chena Hot Springs Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Churchill Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dawson Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos