"Welcome to SONG's HomePage" SONG's Profile

VT Membership History..16 years!!! Charter Member

In early 1998 I joined Virtual Tourist when it was JUST beginning. In fact, I believe I am among the FIRST 3-4-5 or 6 members! New to surfing the web and chat rooms, when I was welcomed into the room, it took me a minute to figure out how to reply. That learned, I was addicted!!!. I really liked that chat room because I could chat with people around the world. We had such fun times in there.....laughed and joked and compared countries. The first Christmas we had a virtual Christmas party and everyone brought "something to eat and drink". Athena and I declared ourselves the "hostesses" and invited everyone......Why we even had mistletoe and that's when things got "out of hand"...lol. When I first started chatting, I noticed someone in the room named Big Sky and he NEVER chatted. Just sat there lilke a bump on a log. THEN one day he surprised all of us and said something. It wasn't until then that I realized that he was the "moderator" who kept everyone in line. Because
I was in there SOOOO much, one day Big Sky, the moderator at the time, decided to make me a moderator also. There were three other VTers who were made moderators at that time also and everyone in there became "bestest" friends. We knew each other so well and even got into heated discussions. We gave sympathetic advice to friends going through difficult times, like divorce. One of the chatters from the early days named Courtney_KS was going through a divorce and met VTer Podge from Ireland. Today they are happily married and living in her home state of Kansas. You can see pics of them under her page. Sometimes the topics were silly and other times they were quite serious and intellectual. But either way, we always had a fabulous time. Now more than 14 years later, many of those original chatters are still in here in VT. In the original chat room you could enter as "guest" . Of course, everyone encouraged you to stay and to select a nickname. Since I was living in Nashville, Tennessee (Music City USA) I decided to select a nickname related to that. So I decided on SONG. I see only a handful of the original members. I do keep in touch with a couple and that is fun. And over the years I have been able to meet some in person. At first I was really reticent to do so, but am glad I have. I have met wonderful and friendly people.

My stats show that I've only been to 2 countires. I have been to probably 30 but I have not written tips or travelogues about them because I lived in Europe so long ago that anything I said would be outdated. And I have not written about the Hawaii or Caribbean or Canada for the same reason. Most of my travels lately have been stateside. So don't pay any attention to the number of countries I 've been to. :-)

P.S. If you haven't noticed a 'theme" to all my pictures, let me give you a clue. I love the beach and ocean. The Sunshine Kid from the Sunshine State.......Florida. And now (spring 2012) I have a brand new Convertible and I have named it "Sunshine" because 1.) it brings "sunshine" (happiness) into my life 2.) it brings the real sun into my life and
3.) I live in the Sunshine state. What better name for my car?????
I'm loving "tooling aorund" in my new toy. :-)
Here's Sunshine......http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/97/ba504/

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Yes, I am proud of my Irish heritage. My Mom's family came over to America from Ireland and all my childhood I listened to her singing favorite Irish songs.
And now I have a CD that I play in my car with those same songs.
Here are two links to Irish dancing.....one humorous and the other awesome.
I am always totally amazed at the precision and beauty of the Riverdance. Beauty in motion!!!

Moonlight and Palm Trees

My idea of relaxing is somewhere near a beach. Swaying palm trees, a little moonlght , the sound of the surf, and sand between your toes. Strolling along the incoming waves and thinking of nothing but ..........nothing! :-)
This photo was taken near the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on a warm November 73 degree night. I could handle this 365. Yes.
Florida enjoys breezy and tropical weather much of the year. There IS a reason we are called The Sunshine State. I threw the boots and gloves away when I moved to Florida and never looked back. The only snow and ice you'll see around our Christmas is the artificial stuff. Folks are usually out in bermudas and short sleeves even at Christmas time. But, never worry. We DO put up Christmas trees. And sing, "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas (not)".....lol

Travel and other interests.....

I have not traveled as much lately as I would like. Most of my travels abroad were done a few years back when I lived in Europe for 3 years. I traveled extensively in Europe and saw almost all of the "free countries". I did not travel to any of the "Communist block" countries at the time. I still take the local/nearby trips with friends to check out what is going on locally. I also love to make quick weekend trips to either Florida coast as well as the occasional get-away vacation to my favorite little village....Carmel, California. But I have not taken a long trip such as to Europe for quite a while. Who knows? Perhaps I will be inspired to attend one of the VT Euromeets.......In the meantime, I keep busy with both work, family, and interests. I love entertaining and decorating for it. I enjoy what I call "tablescapes" , similar to landscapes or lightscapes, but done with dining tables and linens, china, glasses, flowers, candles, napkins, and something special for each occasion. I have one table setting to show you . If you have ever heard of Colin Cowie, then you are familiar with tablescapes. He is seen on Martha Stewart's program frequently with his suggestions. I love planning events and have been told that I should be an"event planner" as a second career. Oh well..........maybe someday. I have posted a few tablescapes in an album below. Just a sampling of my tastes. I hope you enjoy.

Friend, sorority sister, VTer

.A quiet dinner lakeside after returning from a nice get-away vacation to Key West. Just can't get that "ocean" theme out of my system. A lot of my entertaining items reflect the water/ocean/beach. Just love it. Guess that is why I love the Sunshine State.

The Angel Pack...lol Christmas in Orlando 2012

Three of us Orlando gals have decided to call ourselves The
Angel Pack. This nickname originated with a photo with a
George Bush look-alike who wanted to do a Charlie's Angels
pose with two of us gals. Since then we call ourselves The
Angle Pack and have a merry time just having fun. A brunette,
blonde, and redhead. How much trouble can that trio get
into? hhhhhmmmmmmm..............knowing us, lots. :-)

Christmas 2013

I decided to try to look like a little Snow Bunny at a couple recent Christmas parties and got oodles of compliments on my fuzzie hat. The resident (Orlando vicinity) George Bush look-alike was at one of the parties where I was attending, so of course, moi had to get a picture taken with him. He is as cute as the original.
Got that devilish twinkle in his eye. He is a fine Christian and quality through and through. This is actually about the third time I have been at local events and seen him. Always a photo op...........:-)

• Intro Updated Mar 10, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
SONG's Profile Photo

SONG

“I'm a happy camper when I am on a BEACH....anywhere. ”

Real Name