"Welcome to SONG's HomePage" SONG's Profile

SPRING BREAK CLEARWATER March 2015......AAAAHHHHH

I saw this female obviously enjoying her vacation time just lazzying in the sun. She must love all the beach has to offer......Swim, Surf, Sun.......SNOOZE!!!
VT Membership History..17 years!! Charter Member
In early 1998 I joined Virtual Tourist when it was JUST beginning. In fact, I believe I am among the FIRST 3-4-5 or 6 members! I chatted with people around the world and we had such fun in there.....laughed, joked, and compared countries. The first Christmas we had a virtual Christmas party and everyone brought "something to eat and drink". Athena and I declared ourselves the "hostesses" and invited everyone......Why we even had mistletoe and that's when things got "out of hand"...lol. When I first started chatting, I noticed someone in the room named Big Sky and he NEVER chatted. Just sat there lilke a bump on a log. THEN one day he surprised all of us and said something. I realized that he was the "moderator" who kept everyone in line. Because
I was in there SOOOO much, Big Sky made me and three others moderators. Everyone became "bestest" friends. We knew each other so well and even got into heated discussions. We gave sympathetic advice to friends going through difficult times. One of the chatters named Courtney_KS was going through a divorce and met VTer Podge from Ireland. Today they are happily married and living in her Kansas. Sometimes the topics were silly and other times they were quite serious and intellectual. But either way, we always had a fabulous time. Now more than 14 years later, many of those original chatters are still in here in VT. In the original chat room you could enter as "guest" . Of course, everyone encouraged you to stay and to select a nickname. Since I was living in Nashville, Tennessee (Music City USA) I decided to select a nickname related to that. So I decided on SONG. I see only a handful of the original members. I do keep in touch with a couple and that is fun. And over the years I have been able to meet some in person. At first I was really reticent to do so, but am glad I have. I have met wonderful and friendly people.

My stats show that I've only been to 2 countires. I have been to probably 30 but I have not written tips or travelogues about them because I lived in Europe so long ago that anything I said would be outdated. And I have not written about the Hawaii or Caribbean or Canada for the same reason. Most of my travels lately have been stateside. So don't pay any attention to the number of countries I 've been to. :-)

P.S. Asn you can tell by all my pictures, I love the beach. The Sunshine Kid from the Sunshine State.......Florida. And now (spring 2012) I have a brand new Convertible and I have named it "Sunshine" because 1.) it brings "sunshine" (happiness) into my life 2.) it brings the real sun into my life and
3.) I live in the Sunshine state. What better name for my car?????
I'm loving "tooling aorund" in my new toy. :-)
Here's Sunshine......http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/97/ba504/

I found the following on the internet and copied it from MSN interior / decor.
I think it describes me.
Does it describe you?

12 signs you're meant to have a beach house.

1. You proudly display your seashell collection throughout the house
2. You’re crazy for coral, too!
3. Although you prefer stepping on sand, your flooring is either jute or limestone.

4. Paintings of boats and beaches cover your walls
5. White walls paired with white upholstery, to some is plain, to you it’s everything.
6. Even though you don’t have palm trees swaying in your backyard, they're growing inside.

7. You’ve never met a peacock chair you didn’t like.
8. At your house, every meal is eaten with bamboo flatware.
9. Blue and white, blue and white, blue and white! Waves crashing onto a white sand beach is your home's color muse.
10. Sun-soaked rooms are essential to your happiness.
11. If it's wrapped in rope (frames, flower pots, mirrors—you name it!) you'll buy it.
12. As far as you’re concerned, it’s 5 o’clock somewhere!

Beach Babe "in training" lol

This darling little girl was on the beach at Clearwater Beach when I was there with my two nieces for Spring Break. As little kids like to do, she was running away from the advancing waves. She is going to be one beauty when she grows up. Full of personality and cute as a button. You go girl!
A true "southern belle" with her sunbonnet.

Travel and other interests.....

I have not traveled as much lately as I would like. Most of my travels abroad were done a few years back when I lived in Europe for 3 years. I traveled extensively in Europe and saw almost all of the "free countries". I did not travel to any of the "Communist block" countries at the time. I still take the local/nearby trips with friends to check out what is going on locally. I also love to make quick weekend trips to either Florida coast as well as the occasional get-away vacation to my favorite little village....Carmel, California. But I have not taken a long trip such as to Europe for quite a while. Who knows? Perhaps I will be inspired to attend one of the VT Euromeets.......In the meantime, I keep busy with both work, family, and interests. I love entertaining and decorating for it. I enjoy what I call "tablescapes" , similar to landscapes or lightscapes, but done with dining tables and linens, china, glasses, flowers, candles, napkins, and something special for each occasion. I have one table setting to show you . If you have ever heard of Colin Cowie, then you are familiar with tablescapes. He is seen on Martha Stewart's program frequently with his suggestions. I love planning events and have been told that I should be an"event planner" as a second career. Oh well..........maybe someday. I have posted a few tablescapes in an album below. Just a sampling of my tastes. I hope you enjoy.

Friend, sorority sister, VTer

.A quiet dinner lakeside after returning from a nice get-away vacation to Key West. Just can't get that "ocean" theme out of my system. A lot of my entertaining items reflect the water/ocean/beach. Just love it. Guess that is why I love the Sunshine State.

The Angel Pack...lol Christmas in Orlando 2012

Three of us Orlando gals have decided to call ourselves The
Angel Pack. This nickname originated with a photo with a
George Bush look-alike who wanted to do a Charlie's Angels
pose with two of us gals. Since then we call ourselves The
Angle Pack and have a merry time just having fun. A brunette,
blonde, and redhead. How much trouble can that trio get
into? hhhhhmmmmmmm..............knowing us, lots. :-)

Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

Surprise, surprise. The Beach Kid loves the beach and beach vacations. I found myself loving the Dominican Republic and its white sand beaches and beautiful aqua waters. The Blue Bay Villas Resort has luxurious 4 poster beds on the beach and you can relax, snooze, read, or simply watch the waves as you lie on the bed. The mattresses and pillows are covered with white naugahide, which is waterproof and easy to clean. And while you're at it, might as well get some beads and braids in your hair........just to blend in with the locals. :-)

Halloween Fun 2014

Even adults, who are kids at heart, enjoy dressing up for Halloween. My friend and I went to Amelia Island over Halloween and donned costumes. Here I am as a fluffy white bunny. In addition to Halloween, the weekend included T H E big Florida / Georgia football game, which is an annual tradition. Florida trounced Georgia 38 to 20. Rah rah rah boom de yah!!!!!!!!!

Beach volleyball played year-round in Florida

Ever wonder why the "snow birds" flock to Florida in the winter time? Well, here is your answer. This is a typical beach volleyball game being played by neighbors on a sunny day. Beautiful blue lake waters reflect the sunshine
and provide a beautiful backdrop for a day in the sun. Who would not like this lifestyle?
Did I mention that this is played year-round? :-)

• Intro Updated Mar 24, 2015

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
SONG's Profile Photo

SONG

“S * W * I * M ***** S * U * R * F **** S * U * N * ”

Real Name