SPRING BREAK CLEARWATER March 2015......AAAAHHHHH
I saw this female obviously enjoying her vacation time just lazzying in the sun. She must love all the beach has to offer......Swim, Surf, Sun.......SNOOZE!!!
Check out that beautiful soft white sand!
VT Membership History..17 years!! Charter Member
In early 1998 I joined Virtual Tourist when it was JUST beginning. In fact, I believe I am among the FIRST 3-4-5 or 6 members! I chatted with people around the world and we had such fun in there.....laughed, joked, and compared countries. The first Christmas we had a virtual Christmas party and everyone brought "something to eat and drink". Athena and I declared ourselves the "hostesses" and invited everyone......Why we even had mistletoe and that's when things got "out of hand"...lol. When I first started chatting, I noticed someone in the room named Big Sky and he NEVER chatted. Just sat there lilke a bump on a log. THEN one day he surprised all of us and said something. I realized that he was the "moderator" who kept everyone in line. Because
I was in there SOOOO much, Big Sky made me and three others moderators. Everyone became "bestest" friends. We knew each other so well and even got into heated discussions. We gave sympathetic advice to friends going through difficult times. One of the chatters named Courtney_KS was going through a divorce and met VTer Podge from Ireland. Today they are happily married and living in her Kansas. Sometimes the topics were silly and other times they were quite serious and intellectual. But either way, we always had a fabulous time. Now more than 14 years later, many of those original chatters are still in here in VT. In the original chat room you could enter as "guest" . Of course, everyone encouraged you to stay and to select a nickname. Since I was living in Nashville, Tennessee (Music City USA) I decided to select a nickname related to that. So I decided on SONG. I see only a handful of the original members. I do keep in touch with a couple and that is fun. And over the years I have been able to meet some in person. At first I was really reticent to do so, but am glad I have. I have met wonderful and friendly people.
My stats show that I've only been to 2 countires. I have been to probably 30 but I have not written tips or travelogues about them because I lived in Europe so long ago that anything I said would be outdated. And I have not written about the Hawaii or Caribbean or Canada for the same reason. Most of my travels lately have been stateside. So don't pay any attention to the number of countries I 've been to. :-)
P.S. As you can tell by all my pictures, I love the beach. The Sunshine Kid from the Sunshine State.......Florida. And now (spring 2012) I have a brand new Convertible and I have named it "Sunshine" because 1.) it brings "sunshine" (happiness) into my life 2.) it brings the real sun into my life and
3.) I live in the Sunshine state. What better name for my car?????
I'm loving "tooling aorund" in my new toy. :-)
I found the following on the internet and copied it from MSN interior / decor.
I think it describes me.
Does it describe you?
12 signs you're meant to have a beach house.
1. You proudly display your seashell collection throughout the house
2. You’re crazy for coral, too!
3. Although you prefer stepping on sand, your flooring is either jute or limestone.
4. Paintings of boats and beaches cover your walls
5. White walls paired with white upholstery, to some is plain, to you it’s everything.
6. Even though you don’t have palm trees swaying in your backyard, they're growing inside.
7. You’ve never met a peacock chair you didn’t like.
8. At your house, every meal is eaten with bamboo flatware.
9. Blue and white, blue and white, blue and white! Waves crashing onto a white sand beach is your home's color muse.
10. Sun-soaked rooms are essential to your happiness.
11. If it's wrapped in rope (frames, flower pots, mirrors—you name it!) you'll buy it.
12. As far as you’re concerned, it’s 5 o’clock somewhere!