Niagara Falls Favorite Tips by JennysTravels Top 5 Page for this destination
Niagara Falls Favorites: 88 reviews and 125 photos
Favorite thing: Hi,
Welcome to my city!! I hope you have a great time here as there is plenty to do and enjoy on a tight budget.
Niagara Falls is best viewed from the Canadian side. You can get up close or view from one of the hotels, restaurants or casinos that line the waters edge.
Ok. Must Do's in Niagara Falls
1. The Maid of the Mist. It's just amazing!
2. The Ferris Wheel. Big and fun.
3. Check out live entertainment in the Fallsview Casino in Club 365. Maybe drop a few dimes...you never know!
4. There's a cool nightclub in the Fallsview Casino and for the life of me I can't remember it's name...but it's a good time.
5. Take a 30min drive to my second hometown Niagara-On-The-Lake. Take a romantic stroll at the edge of Lake Ontario, grab a pint at The Angel Inn, shop all along main street.
6. While in NOTL sample some of our local wine. Just stop at any winery you see and they will be happy to sort you out.
7. Back in Niagara Falls, there's Clifton Hill. What many people call a tourist trap. I don't believe this way, it's just what it is. IMO a mini-Las Vegas, and is Vegas a tourist trap? So Clifton Hill is jammed packed with bars, restuarants, carnival type games, cotton candy, cheap tshirts, donuts, moving movie theaters, muesums and all sorts of fun wacky people.
8. Where to stay...there is a youth hostel by the train station. I believe it's a YHA. They might have private couples room.
9. On when to leave, depends on you. Do you have appointments monday? Do you want to drive sunday night?
10. Eating is easy, the portions are generall BIG, so order one sandwich or burger with fries and share! I've done it with friends all over the world.
Have fun. Hope this helps.
Favorite thing: There is always mist comming from Niagara Falls, especially right in the crook of the Horseshoe Falls. In the winter watch for black ice, it's very dangerous and extremely slippery. You may think the road is just wet, but it could be a patch of black ice. Just driver beware, there are plenty of road signs telling you just that. In the remaining months it's just really wet. Bring a raincoat.
Favorite thing: You can buy this pass online at www.niagaraparks.com
Your pass includes:
Butterfly Conservatory - Over 2000 free flying butterflies in a lush, rain forest setting.
Whirlpool Aero Car - Ride above the world's most beautiful natural setting.
White Water Walk - Walk beside Niagara Falls.
Maid of the Misdt - Get soaked at the bottom of Niagara Falls
Journey Behind The Falls - travel though tunnels and feel the thunder of Niagara Falls
Also: All day thransportation on the People Mover and Incline Railway.
Adult Pass $37.95 pl tx. Child $23.95 pl tx.
Children under 5 free
Pass valid May-October
It's a great deal seeing as The Maid is $14.00. I just did it the other day. Can I say AMAZING!
Favorite thing: So, what do Canadians have to be proud of, eh?
2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp
3. The size of our footballs fields and one less down
4. Baseball is Canadian
5. Lacrosse is Canadian
6. Hockey is Canadian
7. Basketball is Canadian
8. Apple pie is Canadian
9. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers
10. Tim Hortons kicks Dunkin' Donuts
11. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed the Americans back... past their 'White House'. Then we burned it... and most of Washington, under the command of George Cockburn who was insane and hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and partied... Go figure…
12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany.
13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone. Anywhere. EVER.
14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and it lasted a little over an hour.
15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing... but showed up just in time to get caught.
16. We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on.
17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the worlds oldest company.
18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.
19. We still know what to do with all the parts of a buffalo.
20. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.
21. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.
22. A Canadian invented Superman.
23. We have coloured money.
24. Our beer advertisements kick.
BUT MOST IMPORTANT!
25. The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on. OOOoohhhhh Canada!
26. And we don't bomb our allies.
27. oh yeah... our elections only take one day.
More Reviews (44)
- See All Hostels Niagara Falls, Canada
- See All Crystal Beach
- A good selection of things to do
- It's Niagara Falls ... come on.
- Brand Name Shopping
- See All NO SMOKING
JennysTravels' Related Pages
Niagara Falls Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Niagara Falls"
- "Niagara during Christmas time"
- "Niagara Falls"
- "Niagara Falls"
- "Niagara Falls - Canadian side"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Niagara Falls
- Hotels in Niagara Falls
- Transportation in Niagara Falls
- Nightlife in Niagara Falls
- Restaurants in Niagara Falls
- Shopping in Niagara Falls
- Warnings and Dangers in Niagara Falls
- See All...
Explore the World
- Udmurtskaya Respublika
- Vindicio Hotels
- Sandy Bay Ledge Hotels
- Morro del Jable
- Herrnchiemsee Hotels
- Kaeleku Hotels
- Kampong Melawi
Badges & Stats in Niagara Falls
- 48 Reviews
- 78 Photos
- 42 Forum posts
- 43 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Niagara Falls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Niagara Falls
Photos in Niagara FallsSee All Photos (78)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls Intro, 48 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayo Coco Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 9 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sardegna Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Athens Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Dominican Republic Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (45)
Latest Niagara Falls hotel reviews
- Blue Moon Motel
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Days Inn & Suites By the Falls
- 433 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Days Inn Clifton Hill Casino
- 271 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort
- 258 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Falls Manor Motel
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 18, 2013
- Space Motel
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 1, 2012
- Quality Hotel Fireside Niagara
- 106 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 6, 2012
- Aston Villa Motel
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 8, 2013
- Bed of Roses Bed and Breakfast
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Motel 6 Niagara Falls
- 110 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Econo Lodge By The Falls
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 4, 2013
- Niagara Falls Bonaventure Travelodge
- 119 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Econo Lodge West Of The Falls
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 13, 2013
- Two Rivers Bed & Breakfast
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Horseshoe Falls Motor Inn
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 10, 2006
- Maid of the Mist- 96 Reviews, 179 Photos
- Falls at Night- 39 Reviews, 74 Photos
- Rainbow Bridge- 15 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Behind the Falls- 44 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Horseshoe Falls- 47 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Clifton Hill- 28 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Skylon Tower- 23 Reviews, 47 Photos
- American Falls- 38 Reviews, 82 Photos
- Butterfly Sanctuary- 20 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Marine Land and Game Farm- 16 Reviews, 20 Photos
See All Niagara Falls Things to Do