"Welcome" Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls by JennysTravels

Niagara Falls Travel Guide: 1,446 reviews and 3,601 photos

To Niagara Falls, Canada

It's cold, freezing cold. Even on this beauitful sunny day. It's minus one and the sunshine is lighting up beautiful Niagara Falls. I couldnt resist I had to get out for a walk. The following pictures show the American Falls and Canadian Falls, both are equal in beauty. My office window overlooks Niagara Falls. I never tire of her personality. She's different every day, sometimes looking sad, others happy. Today she gleamed. I prefer to live on a beach, watching coconuts fall then to deep freeze for seven months of the year. I appreciate what I have in my backyard. I hope you enjoy the pics.

The following is an advertising campagin from Molson, it was a commercial that ran in the 90's. The most popular being in April 2000, using patriotism as it's platform. Too most Canadians it rings true. I thought the rest of the virtual world would like to read it as well.

Hey.
I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader, and I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dog sled, and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I'm certain they're really, really nice.
I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American, and I pronounce it "about", not "a boot".
I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I believe in peacekeeping, not policing; diversity, not assimilation; and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.
A tuque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch, and it is pronounced "zed"; not "zee" – "zed"!
Canada is the second largest land mass! The first nation of hockey! And the best part of North America!
My name is Joe! And I am Canadian!
... Thank you.

• Pros:Um...Niagara Falls.
  • Cons:It's cold ... only in the winter!
  • Last visit to Niagara Falls: Mar 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 23, 2007

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2011 at 5:32 AM

Hi
    Our spirited discussion prompted me to come and see what I missed out on. It's an absolutely excellent page - well done! I wish I'd read this before I visited, but that was Life Before VT ...
    Regards
    Cathy

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Hey Featured Member! Still thinking of you and sending my thoughts, prayers and virtual hugs. Gillybob greetings

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2009 at 9:53 AM

excellent page here on Niagara. Boat tour looks interesting. all the best. BTW great tips here...

• ozibird's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Check this web site we found - the fireworks schedule changes through the year - we're going next week - -niagarafallslive.com/niagara... Love your explanation of "eh!" looking forward to meetings lots of locals

• angelalu's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2008 at 8:59 AM

Mozzafiato! Non vedo l'ora di poter vedere questo luogo anch'io! E' una escursione molto costosa? Ho in programma un viaggio nei prossimi mesi e non vorrei perdermi questo angolo di paradiso.. ciao e grazie in anticipo!

• CndnSugarPlum's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2008 at 9:47 AM

As a fellow Canadian, I concur with you explanation of 'eh' lol, I have also tried explaining this to ppl who have asked and they just sometimes don't get it.

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2007 at 8:49 AM

...and all the best with Bosley too.

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2007 at 6:34 AM

Great page Jenny. I was in Niagara Falls back in the earl 1980's. I must return. Happy birthday!

• MelsTreks's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2007 at 7:36 AM

Jen - great tips on NF. Maybe Ill finally get around to making some tips of my own.

• gemlynn's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2007 at 12:38 PM

I agree. It is a pretty cool place. One of the better places for cheap drinks too!

JennysTravels Used To Live Here!

JennysTravels

“Forever nomad.”

Badges & Stats in Niagara Falls

Have you been to Niagara Falls?

Latest Activity in Niagara Falls