"Oschiri, A wedding and Kickboxing" Oschiri by JennysTravels
Oschiri Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
Donatella Panu is Sardinia’s rock-steady fighter, accumulating numerous medals though-out her kickboxing career. In 2009 she placed first in the World Championship of Muay Thai Kickboxing which was held in Austria. Her coach, her trainer, her number one fan is her new husband, and we were invited to their wedding.
Oschiri is a small town at the foot of Mount Limbara with a population of 3,600 people and Our Lady of Castro was the church this dynamic duo were married in. Built in the mid 12th century Our Lady of Castro was used for Catholic services, housing for pilgrims and sanctuaries for monks and scholars.
Today this lovely church is the prime setting for a 21st century Sardinian wedding. With Snooki look-a-likes, triplets and 30+ pro-fighters, this was shaping up to be one hell of a wedding. The two-piece band belted out Sardinian folk songs, the entire Grease album, and the Beatles. The menu was as elaborate as any Sardinian wedding can be. With five courses being served, it was an amazing culinary delight to have been part of.
The people were friendly and happy, very happy. They commented often on my new-found Italian skills. I think it was the bootleg Sardinian wine that allowed me to speak fluent (I say fluent as when the veins run with wine, I believe I am fluent in all languages) Italian and have these wonderful conversations with strangers. Or maybe there was something special in the air that day, something that will never leave this expats mind. The beauty of love and the beauty I now call my home, Sardegna
- Pros:It's Sardegna! The people are great and the food awesome!
- Cons:The roads are a wee curvy driving into Oschiri
- In a nutshell:A beautiful town with smiling happy people.
JennysTravels' Related Pages
Oschiri Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oschiri
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Oschiri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oschiri
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls Intro, 48 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayo Coco Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 9 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sardegna Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Athens Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Dominican Republic Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos