"Grand Cayman" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman by JennysTravels
Grand Cayman Travel Guide: 451 reviews and 912 photos
I lived and working on Grand Cayman for 2 years. From 2000-2002. I worked right on Seven Mile Beach (SMB) at a place called The Wharf Restaurant.
The Cayman Islands consists of 3 small islands. Grand Cayman, Little Cayman and Cayman Brac. The weather is always perfect, except in Hurricane season when it can get rainy and windy. But the experience is still wonderful. Bright hot sunshine, with a warm salty sea breeze.
Grand Cayman is the largest and most populus of the three. Georgetown is it's capital if you can call an island that is 22 miles long and 8 feet wide, at it's widest!! This is where I lived.
Cayman Brac is 12 miles long and over a mile wide. I spent 2 nights here. It was amazing. I did nothing. Sat in a hammock and watched the surf splash the shore, drinking sweaty Corona's. Too me, this was perfection. The Brac ( as spoken by the locals) is known for it's 140ft eastern Bluff, which ends in a sheer cliff. The view is spectaular from any place on the quaint island.
Little Cayman I did not get to. Wish I did. But here it is anyway. 10 miles long & a mile flat. Sounds peaceful & boring...perfect!
Ok so that's a wee bit about The Cayman Islands. I have fond memories of friends, the beach and dining.
Oh yeah, I didn't tell you about the amazing Seven Mile Beach. This is there I lived. I actually lived in 3 different places in the 2 years I was there. SMB is rated one the best beaches in the entire caribbean. OH it is just breaktaking. I sunk my toes into that sand so many times I will never forget the feeling, all hot and soft.
Palm trees, bicycles, sand, beach bars, the sea, ju jitsu, and Hell.
...guess you'll have to wait and see what the later is. But it really is a place in Grand Cayman. The others are a few of my favorites.
Hurricane Ivan tore though The Islands on September 12th, 2004. My sympathies to all. The following are all fond memories.
After 6 years away from Cayman, I am back again enjoying the glorious sunhine and sea breezes. Latest trip Jan 15-Feb5th 2008.
At Chill Out Point.
- Pros:Seven Mile Beach
- Cons:It's expensive!
- In a nutshell:Wickedly beautiful, without a doubt!
Just ask at your hotel desk. Seriously is the MOST touristy thing to do on the island ... but it's a beautiful trip.... more travel advice
Located just outside Georgetown this little cove is where the locals go to play. Cliff jumping, hiking, picnicing and... more travel advice
JennysTravels' Related Pages
Grand Cayman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "They're back in style, and the reefs are fine!"
- "Grand Cayman - Breathtaking!"
- "A Tour of Grand Cayman"
- "Grand Cayman revisited after 26 years"
- "Grand Cayman"
- "Cruising to Grand Cayman"
- "Grand Cayman by cruiseship"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Cayman
- Hotels in Grand Cayman
- Transportation in Grand Cayman
- Nightlife in Grand Cayman
- Restaurants in Grand Cayman
- Shopping in Grand Cayman
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Cayman
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Cayman
- 15 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Grand Cayman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Cayman
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls Intro, 48 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayo Coco Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 9 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sardegna Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Athens Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Dominican Republic Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos