"Grand Cayman" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman by JennysTravels

Grand Cayman Travel Guide: 444 reviews and 902 photos

I lived and working on Grand Cayman for 2 years. From 2000-2002. I worked right on Seven Mile Beach (SMB) at a place called The Wharf Restaurant.

The Cayman Islands consists of 3 small islands. Grand Cayman, Little Cayman and Cayman Brac. The weather is always perfect, except in Hurricane season when it can get rainy and windy. But the experience is still wonderful. Bright hot sunshine, with a warm salty sea breeze.

Grand Cayman is the largest and most populus of the three. Georgetown is it's capital if you can call an island that is 22 miles long and 8 feet wide, at it's widest!! This is where I lived.

Cayman Brac is 12 miles long and over a mile wide. I spent 2 nights here. It was amazing. I did nothing. Sat in a hammock and watched the surf splash the shore, drinking sweaty Corona's. Too me, this was perfection. The Brac ( as spoken by the locals) is known for it's 140ft eastern Bluff, which ends in a sheer cliff. The view is spectaular from any place on the quaint island.

Little Cayman I did not get to. Wish I did. But here it is anyway. 10 miles long & a mile flat. Sounds peaceful & boring...perfect!

Ok so that's a wee bit about The Cayman Islands. I have fond memories of friends, the beach and dining.

Oh yeah, I didn't tell you about the amazing Seven Mile Beach. This is there I lived. I actually lived in 3 different places in the 2 years I was there. SMB is rated one the best beaches in the entire caribbean. OH it is just breaktaking. I sunk my toes into that sand so many times I will never forget the feeling, all hot and soft.

Palm trees, bicycles, sand, beach bars, the sea, ju jitsu, and Hell.

...guess you'll have to wait and see what the later is. But it really is a place in Grand Cayman. The others are a few of my favorites.

Hurricane Ivan tore though The Islands on September 12th, 2004. My sympathies to all. The following are all fond memories.

After 6 years away from Cayman, I am back again enjoying the glorious sunhine and sea breezes. Latest trip Jan 15-Feb5th 2008.

At Chill Out Point.

• Pros:Seven Mile Beach
  • Cons:It's expensive!
  • In a nutshell:Wickedly beautiful, without a doubt!
  • Last visit to Grand Cayman: Jan 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 15, 2008

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2007 at 4:59 PM

nice new photos you are uploading jenny. it certainly ads to the babe factor on vt.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2007 at 3:11 PM

Hi JT! Cool PPP!

• domm-m's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2006 at 4:25 AM

if you like to see nature at it best this is the place. to start with it is quite intemidationg but after about 5 min its natural. i first moved here when i was 3. i am now 15 and havent stoped going there, it is different evertime. enjoy!!

JennysTravels Used To Live Here!

JennysTravels

“Forever nomad.”

Badges & Stats in Grand Cayman

Have you been to Grand Cayman?

Latest Activity in Grand Cayman