"~*MY TRAVELS*~ Currently in Sardinia, Italy" JennysTravels's Profile
Now let me begin...
I was born, but I don't remember the details. I would find out later that it was in October and on the 16th but no one ever told me the year. I've been wandering around ageless for years. When someone asks my age I tell them that it is irrelevant and can we move onto the next topic of discussion. We then generally fall into the easy speak of travel.
" Oh, where have you been?"
" I haven't been there, but have you seen?"
... and so on.
My parents did the splitsville thing when I was six months old and I spent the other half of my first year of life living with my fathers parents. I have no recollection of this time. It wasn't until about a year later I realized I wasn't like the other kids, they didn't travel to visit their father on weekends or summer holidays. I did. And so my early years of travel was the forty minute drive from one parents house to the other and back again. I clearly remember those drives with my father, I would pick out landmarks to remind me that we are almost there. He would tell me all he could about our surroundings while The Rolling Stones played on the old Ford Bronco. Back and forth I went for sixteen years. I savoured every minute.
But I really began my jet set life at the age of four. I remember my mother and step-father taking me to Cape Cod. We would go every year, and every year the same armoured suit man by the pool was there and every year he scared the beejeez out of me, and by no chance every year my mother wanted a picture of me with him. One picture does exsist and I have it in my possession, somewhere ... maybe it's only locked in my memory. But I have it.
From when I was very young my father and his wife along with my step-brother would drive or fly to Florida every year. We would splash in the ocean, run around in the motel parking lot, steal money or candy from the vending machines, get extremely sunburned and bathe in milk. I will never forget that experience nor the pain.
It seems to me that my life has always been about getting going. Where to next. Around the age of eight to twelve my father would take me on motorcycle tours through our city and a few new ones along the way. We would also take the boat up and down river and tour the beautiful Thousand Islands.
When I was sixteen, myself and seven other girls drove to Daytona Beach! Oh what a shock! All the people traveling, partying, just having a great time. I couldn't get enough and four years later I moved to Australia. And that's where the real story begins...
Enjoy exploring my tips and photos. If you have any questions ask away, all I ask: is that you let me know that you've been snopping around my pages. Drop me a hello, or give me a rating. Have fun here.
ALL PICTURES ARE SOLELY MINE. NO STEALING NOW!! PLAY NICE.
With the exception of this picture which was taken by VT member Sachara in Santorini, Greece. At the 2007 EuroMeet.
We failed to meet the group at said time on the first day of arrival as my friend and I ( MelsTreks ) just got settled into our private room and we were drinking cosmo's by the pool, hence why we were late and missed the amazing group photo!! I scribbled VT in large print on a piece of paper and we stolled the alleys of Santorini. It didn't take long to find a few fellow VT members hogging the bar and having a few beers. I remember Sassaan, Claus, G, Dao and I believe Hansi joined shortly there after. It was a nice warm first meeting into this wonderful land we call VirtualTourist. Happy Travels!!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 188 Reviews
- 503 Photos
- 14 Countries
- 23 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Commented on JennysTravels's profile page
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Sardinia, Italy Emergency Relief..."
updated their Profile Page "~*MY TRAVELS*~ Currently in Sardinia, Italy"
- created a Jamaica Travel Page "12 days in Jamaica"
- Uploaded a Photo to "12 days in Jamaica"
- JennysTravels and FruitLover are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to Sardegna
- Wrote a Review Traditional Sardinian Dress in Sardegna Local Customs
VideosSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls Intro, 48 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayo Coco Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 9 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sardegna Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Athens Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Dominican Republic Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54962 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23315 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- Philadelphia Hotels
- 2093 Reviews - 4054 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos