"~*MY TRAVELS*~ Currently living in Grand Cayman" JennysTravels's Profile
Now let me begin...
I was born, but I don't remember the details. I would find out later that it was in October and on the 16th but no one ever told me the year. I've been wandering around ageless for years. When someone asks my age I tell them that it is irrelevant and can we move onto the next topic of discussion. We then generally fall into the easy speak of travel.
" Oh, where have you been?"
" I haven't been there, but have you seen?"
... and so on.
My parents did the splitsville thing when I was six months old and I spent the other half of my first year of life living with my fathers parents. I have no recollection of this time. It wasn't until about a year later I realized I wasn't like the other kids, they didn't travel to visit their father on weekends or summer holidays. I did. And so my early years of travel was the forty minute drive from one parents house to the other and back again. I clearly remember those drives with my father, I would pick out landmarks to remind me that we are almost there. He would tell me all he could about our surroundings while The Rolling Stones played on the old Ford Bronco. Back and forth I went for sixteen years. I savoured every minute.
But I really began my jet set life at the age of four. I remember my mother and step-father taking me to Cape Cod. We would go every year, and every year the same armoured suit man by the pool was there and every year he scared the beejeez out of me, and by no chance every year my mother wanted a picture of me with him. One picture does exsist and I have it in my possession, somewhere ... maybe it's only locked in my memory. But I have it.
From when I was very young my father and his wife along with my step-brother would drive or fly to Florida every year. We would splash in the ocean, run around in the motel parking lot, steal money or candy from the vending machines, get extremely sunburned and bathe in milk. I will never forget that experience nor the pain.
It seems to me that my life has always been about getting going. Where to next. Around the age of eight to twelve my father would take me on motorcycle tours through our city and a few new ones along the way. We would also take the boat up and down river and tour the beautiful Thousand Islands.
When I was sixteen, myself and seven other girls drove to Daytona Beach! Oh what a shock! All the people traveling, partying, just having a great time. I couldn't get enough and four years later I moved to Australia. And that's where the real story begins...
Enjoy exploring my tips and photos. If you have any questions ask away, all I ask: is that you let me know that you've been snopping around my pages. Drop me a hello, or give me a rating. Have fun here.
ALL PICTURES ARE SOLELY MINE. NO STEALING NOW!! PLAY NICE.
With the exception of this picture which was taken by VT member Sachara in Santorini, Greece. At the 2007 EuroMeet.
We failed to meet the group at said time on the first day of arrival as my friend and I ( MelsTreks ) just got settled into our private room and we were drinking cosmo's by the pool, hence why we were late and missed the amazing group photo!! I scribbled VT in large print on a piece of paper and we stolled the alleys of Santorini. It didn't take long to find a few fellow VT members hogging the bar and having a few beers. I remember Sassaan, Claus, G, Dao and I believe Hansi joined shortly there after. It was a nice warm first meeting into this wonderful land we call VirtualTourist. Happy Travels!!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 188 Reviews
- 501 Photos
- 14 Countries
- 23 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Jamaica and then some ... "
- Commented on one of JennysTravels's Sardegna travel pages
- JennysTravels and FruitLover are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "~*MY TRAVELS*~ Currently living in Grand Cayman"
- Uploaded a Photo to "~*MY TRAVELS*~ Currently living in Grand Cayman"
- Uploaded a Video to Sardegna
- created a Sardegna Travelogue "Eating Made Easy | Oven Baked Artichokes & Potato"
- Wrote a Review Traditional Sardinian Dress in Sardegna Local Customs
VideosSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls Intro, 48 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayo Coco Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 9 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sardegna Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Athens Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Dominican Republic Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22160 Reviews - 53864 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15525 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4448 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4270 Reviews - 8783 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19444 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos