"~*MY TRAVELS*~ Currently in Sardinia, Italy" JennysTravels's Profile

~*WELCOME TO MY WORLD*~

Now let me begin...

I was born, but I don't remember the details. I would find out later that it was in October and on the 16th but no one ever told me the year. I've been wandering around ageless for years. When someone asks my age I tell them that it is irrelevant and can we move onto the next topic of discussion. We then generally fall into the easy speak of travel.

" Oh, where have you been?"
" I haven't been there, but have you seen?"
... and so on.

My parents did the splitsville thing when I was six months old and I spent the other half of my first year of life living with my fathers parents. I have no recollection of this time. It wasn't until about a year later I realized I wasn't like the other kids, they didn't travel to visit their father on weekends or summer holidays. I did. And so my early years of travel was the forty minute drive from one parents house to the other and back again. I clearly remember those drives with my father, I would pick out landmarks to remind me that we are almost there. He would tell me all he could about our surroundings while The Rolling Stones played on the old Ford Bronco. Back and forth I went for sixteen years. I savoured every minute.

But I really began my jet set life at the age of four. I remember my mother and step-father taking me to Cape Cod. We would go every year, and every year the same armoured suit man by the pool was there and every year he scared the beejeez out of me, and by no chance every year my mother wanted a picture of me with him. One picture does exsist and I have it in my possession, somewhere ... maybe it's only locked in my memory. But I have it.

From when I was very young my father and his wife along with my step-brother would drive or fly to Florida every year. We would splash in the ocean, run around in the motel parking lot, steal money or candy from the vending machines, get extremely sunburned and bathe in milk. I will never forget that experience nor the pain.

It seems to me that my life has always been about getting going. Where to next. Around the age of eight to twelve my father would take me on motorcycle tours through our city and a few new ones along the way. We would also take the boat up and down river and tour the beautiful Thousand Islands.

When I was sixteen, myself and seven other girls drove to Daytona Beach! Oh what a shock! All the people traveling, partying, just having a great time. I couldn't get enough and four years later I moved to Australia. And that's where the real story begins...

Enjoy exploring my tips and photos. If you have any questions ask away, all I ask: is that you let me know that you've been snopping around my pages. Drop me a hello, or give me a rating. Have fun here.

Peace, Love and Happiness.

ALL PICTURES ARE SOLELY MINE. NO STEALING NOW!! PLAY NICE.

With the exception of this picture which was taken by VT member Sachara in Santorini, Greece. At the 2007 EuroMeet.

We failed to meet the group at said time on the first day of arrival as my friend and I ( MelsTreks ) just got settled into our private room and we were drinking cosmo's by the pool, hence why we were late and missed the amazing group photo!! I scribbled VT in large print on a piece of paper and we stolled the alleys of Santorini. It didn't take long to find a few fellow VT members hogging the bar and having a few beers. I remember Sassaan, Claus, G, Dao and I believe Hansi joined shortly there after. It was a nice warm first meeting into this wonderful land we call VirtualTourist. Happy Travels!!

• Intro Updated Jul 21, 2013

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Hi There and thanks for your feedback on my Victoria thoughts. If you get south of the border sometime I wouldn't mind meeting you and your husband.

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Just seen your news! Hope that the transition goes smoothly!

• Minceta's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2013 at 4:39 AM

Hi, Jenny! I do hope that you are safe after the bad happenings in Sardegna.It must have been really awful!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2013 at 4:52 AM

Hey Jenny! Saw the news about that horribly cyclone (?) and wonder if you and your family are ok????

• Trekki's Profile Photo
      Nov 20, 2013 at 4:41 AM

Thanks Jen :-)) And thanks for posting the details about how and what to send!
      The licence: check with maybe your mayor or the nearest tourism office. From what I have heard, the licences are being handed out per province (not region; in case of Umbria both provinces together), in a 3-5 year cycle. Each region has different dates. Umbria (Perugia and Terni) was last year June, Ancona in Marche last year in January. I got this information from the girls in Fabriano's tourism office.

• JennysTravels's Profile Photo
      Nov 20, 2013 at 6:00 AM

Thank you!

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• kingip's Profile Photo

Oct 16, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Happy Birthday Jenny!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Happy Birthday Jenny, hope you've been having a nice day! just reading your HP again and you moved to Australia when you were 20? I moved to Australia just after my 21st and quite a number of years later still telling my family im coming home.....haven't been to Sardegna yet though but everyones been telling me they love it.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Hello, Jenny! Many happy returns of the day!)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!