"What's going to happen next??" RockTadgers's Profile
Prague Diary Extract -
"Fell down the escalators last night. Got on the metro in the wrong direction, fell asleep, and woke up the opposite end of the city. Came all the way back and fell asleep again on escalator on the way up. Don't usually suffer from narcolepsy.
Luckily I managed to pirouette round when I felt myself going and took the tumble head first instead of backwards. It was a hard fall. Felt like the world was swung against me like a wrecking ball.
I lay there in pain, letting the escalator carry me to the top. But the jobsworth in his little box saw me on his monitor and hit the stop button. So I had to jog all the way to the top pretending I was OK, because I didn't have a ticket and didn't want to get fined.
Each step of an escalator has about fifty steel teeth, and they bite. This morning, my leg and stomach are both gashed. I look like I've been attacked by a werewolf.
Plus I'm hungover. James Brown's "I Feel Good" playing at quarter speed in my head as an ironic counterpoint to my condition, and my brain feels clogged up with baked beans.
I stumble around the flat for a little while, without doing anything. All I really have to do to feel good is have a shower and make some coffee. But that's too hard, so I crawl back into bed and jerk off."
Praha, 2002 - What's going to happen next?
"Something's been wrong with my face for a few days now, and it's taken a while to figure out what it is.
I'm frowning. That's what it is. Spring has arrived, and the atmosphere in the city has changed with the season. Out come the little skirts and tops, and I can sit on Petrin Hill looking over the city with my beer and Crocodile baguette, thinking about all the suckers back home.
But I'm frowning. I feel drained. The effort of constantly trying to understand and be understood has done me in. Being surrounded by another language is exhausting, because you're always trying to decipher the chatter.
I miss things. I want brown sauce. I want proper bacon. I want Pot Noodle. I want to go into the newsagents and buy a ***ing paper without spending four quid on it. I want to go into a restaurant and order what I want, rather than something I vaguely recognise as edible.
"This is London..." the BBC World Service begins, and then tells me the Queen Mother is dead. That makes me feel a bit better. After the OTT outpouring of public grief after Di became roadkill, I'm glad I'm not in England for this one.
I get ready to go out. Suddenly I'm singing "God Save the Queen" by Sex Pistols, and I've got my punk head on. Time to show Prague what it's all about."
Praha 2002 - What's Going to happen next??
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 82 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 12 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- RockTadgers and DPando are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Prague Forum "Re: Advice - cheap sleep in Prague"
- updated a Prague Travel Page "Insider's Prague - Meet me at the Statue!"
- Wrote a Review Watch out for the Food... about Velryba in Prague Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Grab a Gyros..."
- Commented on one of dracul_wamphyri's London travel pages
updated their Profile Page "What's going to happen next??"
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 38 photos
- Mostar Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Budapest Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Varna Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Pecs Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Bucharest Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Keszthely Intro, 2 reviews
- Dubrovnik Intro, 1 photo
- Paris Hotels
- 22161 Reviews - 53866 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1908 Reviews - 4459 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7630 Reviews - 19467 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos