"Nice is Nice." Nice by Pichayada
Nice Travel Guide: 1,832 reviews and 3,943 photos
We left Saint Etienne at 6.40AM and waited for the Tram T3 for Saint Etienne Chateaucreux train staion. We got on tram at 6.50AM and it took only 12 mins. The weather was not too cold. The train to Lyon Part Dieu should leave about 7.18AM but it delayed 10 mins, we then arrived Lyon at 8.30AM. Due to the strike that have been going on, so we did not need to reserve the seat finally after we were in a long queue for reservation and the staff told us to take our pass and show it to the conductor directly. We could use our EuRail Pass without paying the reserved fee after we showed our pass to the conductor. We were on the 1st class with the fastest route without a connection and left Lyon at 9.07AM. At Lyon it was cloudy but when the train went far and far from Lyon the sky got clearer and we could see better scenery which the green and yellowish leaf which was the sign of autumn. The train arrived Avignon at 10.20AM and Aix-En-Provence at 10.45AM. I remembered that two years ago it took us a long time to drive from Lyon to Avignon. It was so much windy at that time and this trip we saw trees from the train window we could realize that it was so windy again. A friend told me that it is usual for Avignon to get windy all year round. The train arrived Marseille St Charles at 11.00AM. When we were near Cannes our train ran along the sea coast; it was beautiful. We arrived Nice about 13.30PM and we checked in at the Hotel Ibis next to the train station. It costs 82 Euro per night.
Next day, we woke up quite late and we left our luggage at the hotel before walking to the beach via Jean Medecin Avenue. It was a sunny and nice day; the temperature was so pleasant. We spent a long time taking pictures at the Place Massena. The sky was so blue and clear so the sun was very strong.
We walked down to the south direction to get to Marche aux Fleurs. We spent some time here before walking to the beach.
- Pros:Very beautiful beach.
- In a nutshell:Great place!
Nice stay. Bath tub, TV, safe box, friendly staff and good value. In the city center. more travel advice
Pichayada's Related Pages
Nice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nice Life"
- "Nissa La Bella"
- "Nice - Cote d'Azur, South of France"
- "My Nice webpage"
- "Accessible Nice"
- "My home town"
- "Nice - Gem on the French Riviera"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nice
- Hotels in Nice
- Transportation in Nice
- Nightlife in Nice
- Restaurants in Nice
- Shopping in Nice
- Warnings and Dangers in Nice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nice
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Nice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nice
Top 10 Pages
- Kyoto Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chester Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trat Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 1 review, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Leeds Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wales Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos