"Ayuthaya" Ayuthaya by Pichayada
Ayuthaya Travel Guide: 704 reviews and 2,218 photos
Ayuthaya is about 85 km North of Bangkok. It takes about 1 hours by car. On the way, about 60 km from BKK there is a place called Bang Pa-In where the palace originally founded in 17th century located. It took me a day to wander and to sense the history of my own country. There are some temples where we could not include in our day trip, so you may need 2 days to appreciate all temples and ruins scattered in the city.
Here in the picture is a gold-leaf, six-meter Ayuthaya-style Buddha.It is surrounded by 16 octagonal painted pillars. The roof of "Bot" where the Buddha located is so beautiful with concentric lotus buds. Wat Na Pra Mane was one of the few temples that survived the Burmese destruction in the past (1767).
If you visit Wat Yai Chai Mongkol, located southeast of the city, you will see 135 Buddhas encircling the Jedi or Stupa. The Monastery or "Bot" in Thai was built in 1360. Near the entrance on the left, there is a huge reclining Buddha image of Ayuthaya period.
The white Jedi of Wat Pu Kao Tong situated about 5 kmm from the city centre was built in 1569 by the Burmese to commemorate their conquest of Ayuthaya.
Pichayada's Related Pages
Ayuthaya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Ancient City Glimpse..."
- "AYUTTHAYA -Fascinating Link with the Past"
- "The Ancient City of Ayutthaya"
- "Ayutthaya - Ancient City - A world heritage"
- "Old Heritage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ayuthaya
- Hotels in Ayuthaya
- Transportation in Ayuthaya
- Nightlife in Ayuthaya
- Restaurants in Ayuthaya
- Shopping in Ayuthaya
- Warnings and Dangers in Ayuthaya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ayuthaya
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Ayuthaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ayuthaya
Photos in AyuthayaSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Kyoto Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chester Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trat Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 1 review, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Leeds Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wales Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos