"Trat" Trat by Pichayada
Trat Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 49 photos
A small province at the eastern-most frontier bordering on Cambodia with the Khao Banthat mountain range forming a natural demarcation, Trat is a resort town with over fifty large and small off-shore islands, long white sandy beaches and unspoiled coral ranges. It is also a major fruit-growing and fishing area.
About 315 kilometres from Bangkok and covering an area of 2,819 square kilometres, the province is administratively divided into the districts of Meuang, Khao Saming, Laem Ngop, Khlong Yai and Bo Rai, and the sub-districts of Ko Chang and Ko Kood.
Ko Kood is located in the southernmost point in Trat territorial waters. A speedboat transport visitors to the island within one hour. The inhabitants grow rubber, coconut and other fruit-yielding plants, while others are fishermen. With scenic beaches shaded by rows of pines and coconut trees mostly located on the western shores, it is also blessed with rich mangroves.
Take about 15 minutes from the Ko Kood cabana resort by car to go to this water fall. Really cool and lots of fun, You may swim or jump from the rope hanging from the tree.
In the evening, I enjoyed the golden sky. At night I came out at the pier with a torch and a star map and enjoyed searching stars.
- In a nutshell:I will come back to Ko Kood again.
We stayed in a nice hut in front of the beach. Sitting and reading a book at the balcony during the day, hiding from the... more travel advice
At night time we went out and lay down on the pier with a star map and a torch and observed many stars. more travel advice
Pichayada's Related Pages
Trat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beware of Trat."
- "falling in love in trat"
- "SURVIVAL TOUR SEPTEMBER 2005-TRAT"
- "My First Refugee Camp"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trat
- Hotels in Trat
- Transportation in Trat
- Nightlife in Trat
- Restaurants in Trat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trat
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Trat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trat
Photos in TratSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Kyoto Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chester Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trat Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 1 review, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Leeds Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wales Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos