"my "Home" page" rusty703's Profile

Since this is my "home" page I thought I'd show my current home - Northern Virginia just beyond the shadows of Washington, DC. I've been living here since 1999, having grown up in the Boston area (go Sox, Celts, and Pats!). I have also lived in central MA, southern WI, central NJ, southern CT, and upstate NY. This is my favorite of all the places I've lived. We have the foothills of the Shenandoah mountains, the Chesapeake Bay, and Washington DC all within an hour. i enjoy meeting fellow VT-ers so let me know if you're coming to northern VA or DC. if you're planning a trip to the area I'll do my best to offer suggestions.

sandy

sandy was rescued from the animal shelter in 2001. have no idea how old she is, but i believe she's at least 12. yes, she is as lazy as she looks.

RTW in 500 hrs in '05

some called me crazy but i prefer to think of it as mildly insane. yes, i traveled around the world in 500 hrs. that's a mere 21 days although it actually sounds longer when you think of it that way. during that time i stopped in 11 countries. why did i do it? well, i had to go around the world because the airfare was free and it just did't make sense to go all the way around the world without stopping in at least a few new places. plus i do have a job so it was a business/pleasure trip. after all, i couldn't just ditch everything so the trip became a challenge of balancing work and play. as you might guess, play won out over work to the tune of about 4 to 1. one of these days i'll get around to posting all my photos from my RTW trip and from many other trips. for now i'm working on editing my travel journal.

• Intro Updated Sep 14, 2008

• Marisola's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2011 at 6:09 AM

Happy Birthday to Me and to You today!!!

• SfumatoPants's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Thank you for your kind comments.

• Jan 30, 2008 at 6:35 PM

Rusty: solo diner. In Thailand, extra food is given to the dogs that roam the streets. That's what the Thai's do.

• Tina-Perth's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2007 at 5:43 PM

Hi Rusty, your daughters look gorgeous. We are in Phuket until the end of February, so might be able to catch up with you. We don't stay in Patong, however.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
rusty703's Profile Photo

rusty703

“it's a small world...until you try to paint it”

Ranked Member