"Piatra Neamt is one of the oldest sites of Romania" Top 5 Page for this destination Piatra Neamt by Fam.Rauca
Piatra Neamt Travel Guide: 98 reviews and 405 photos
and is situated in central-East of Romania,
between Carpatii Orientali (Eastern Carpathian Mountains)
and the sub-capathian zone.
It is a land really quaint,
surrounded by afforested hills lower than 1000 meters (approximately 3,000 feet)
and crossed by the Bistrita river.
This favourable site ensures easy road and railway connexions
with all of the Moldova (Moldavia) regions, with Transilvania
and with Romania's capital, Bucuresti (Bucharest).
Piatra Neamt is one of the oldest sites of Romania.
The archaeological works revealed that here was the powerful Petrodava of the geto-dacian period,
settlement first mentioned in the 2nd century A.C.
Its end was after the defeat of Decebal and his armies by the roman conquerors of Dacia.
In the last decades, the construction of the industrial platform Dumbrava Rosie, Savinesti, Roznov
and the development of the old enterprises,
made Piatra Neamt a significant economic centre.
Approximately 50 per cent of the industrial production of the county
are made here and the plants have an important share of the national industry
(chemicals, wood-processing, pulp and paper, foods, ready-made clothes, etc).
There were raised new residential districts and new public edifices.
The number of inhabitants went beyond 123 thousands.
106 A.C.: The roman troops are crossing over Carpathians to the east to destroy
the fortifications placed on the present location of the Piatra Neamt town.
1200: It is mentioned a numerous peasants and artisans community found in a feudal fortification raised over Petrodava,
in the Batca Doamnei – Piatra Neamt present site.
1392: The first documentary attestation of the Roman Fortress.
1395: The first mention of Piatra Neamt city (also named Piatra lui Craciun)
was made in a Sigismund of Luxembourg document.
1402: Neamt County is mentioned in document signed by Alexandru cel Bun.
1491: The first mention of Royal Court of Piatra Neamt,
which was build by Stephen the Great.
1864: The Royal Fair of Piatra
is changing the name into Piatra Neamt.
The Medieval Complex,
placed in the historical centre of Piatra Neamt city,
is composed of buildings rised by Stephen the Great at the end of XV century.
Around these, it was once the Princely Court,
which from the archaeologist have discovered pieces
of walls, stairs, and archways.
- Pros:The city of Piatra Neamt states its touristical calling, offers a part of the natural beauties and spiritual values of this county and gives a better understanding of its naming as the " Pearl of Moldavia"
Piatra Neamt was this year, to the Easter a beautiful parade of lights and colours. All streets, buildings, trees and... more travel advice
Ion Creanga (1837-1889) was a prominent author that played an important role in the Romanian culture live. He was born... more travel advice
- See All Dinasty - Agnes Toma
- Luggage and Bags for a pleasant trip
- See All Football, the most popular sport, in the...
- See All Troian
- See All Pension Troian
Fam.Rauca's Related Pages
Piatra Neamt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Piatra Neamt is one of the oldest sites of Romania"
- "Piatra Neamt, heart of the mountains"
- "Piatra Neamt, a hidden pearl between the mountains"
- "Piatra Neamt - a great place to discover history"
- "Piatra Neamt, the pearl of the mountain"
- "PIATRA NEAMT - FULL OF HISTORY"
- "Piatra Neamt City at a glance"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Piatra Neamt
- Hotels in Piatra Neamt
- Transportation in Piatra Neamt
- Nightlife in Piatra Neamt
- Restaurants in Piatra Neamt
- Shopping in Piatra Neamt
- Warnings and Dangers in Piatra Neamt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Piatra Neamt
- 65 Reviews
- 302 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Piatra Neamt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Piatra Neamt
- Uploaded a Photo to "Piatra Neamt is one of the oldest sites of Romania"
- updated a Piatra Neamt Travel Page "Piatra Neamt is one of the oldest sites of Romania"
- Commented on one of Agatho's Piatra Neamt travel pages
- Wrote a Review A shining Easter in Piatra Neamt in Piatra Neamt Nightlife
Photos in Piatra NeamtSee All Photos (302)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 157 reviews, 549 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 105 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rodos (City) Intro, 101 reviews, 447 photos
- Zürich Intro, 117 reviews, 427 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maldives Intro, 96 reviews, 430 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Piatra Neamt Intro, 65 reviews, 308 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 73 reviews, 297 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Constanta Intro, 67 reviews, 303 photos
- Austria Intro, 61 reviews, 299 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 78 reviews, 221 photos