"I say: “Sun Island”, but the words don't suffice…" Top 5 Page for this destination Maldives by Fam.Rauca

Maldives Travel Guide: 1,549 reviews and 5,421 photos

A trip to Maldives is a dream…
We didn’t plan it longer, but it became reality.
The voyage, in fact, was planned to Hawaii, but after a long deliberation, we decided to transform it.
I am not sure, whether we did right, but I am glad that we visited this earth piece.
It is really a dream, a satisfaction for the soul and a pleasure for the eyes.

At six o’clock in the early, we drove from Vienna to Munich, by train.
That was necessary, because we flew from there, with the Emirates Air Lines, to Dubai.
It was a over six-hour agreeable flight, with a big look forward to vacation.

We were captivated as we saw the Dubai, from over.
It was a golden web, a collection of palaces and treasures.
The airport was also a reflection of the city’s beauty.

We flew above Colombo, from Dubai to Male, the main island of the Maldives.
The delayed coming in Male was for us a stroke of luck.
Why this?
Because we missed the speedboat, we had the possibility to fly to Sun Island with the hydroplane.
It was an experience that I, personally, will never forget.

Under our eyes, was an immensity of a dark-blue sea with turquoise-coloured lagoons, in which, the white sandbanks border the small islands.
Each individual island has an intense green kernel, from coconut palms.

The 1190 islands are scattered on a surface of 90000 square kilometres, but the country surface consists only of 300 square kilometres.
From these small islands, only 203 are populated.
On one of the 77 hotel islands, where the tourists spend their vacation, we had also the luck, a few quiet days, to lie under the sun.

On our Maldives page, we will try to show a few from our vacation photos and to tell you a small amount of our beautiful memories.

• Pros:Clear and clean sea, brightly white sand, colourfully plants, untouched nature
  • In a nutshell:It is an experience that one cannot forget.
  • Last visit to Maldives: May 2007
  • Intro Updated Jun 5, 2007

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Hi Gabriela! It's been a while...Thanks for your comment at my Makati page... =) I'm checking this page right now...It's my second time to visit this top page of yours. Take care! (Poem of the sea...I love that!)

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Our daughter and new son in law took some honeymoon trip here, and loved the scenery. YOu look like you really enjoyed the sites and relaxing. YOur pictures and comments are very good.

• schoobi's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2010 at 3:03 PM

great photography !

• onecut's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2009 at 12:09 AM

wow love you`re page when is the best time to go

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I want to go now!!!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2008 at 5:52 PM

Will be coming to back to see more of yr lovely pics of the Maldives!

• Aug 6, 2008 at 6:10 AM

hello,i visited sun island earlier in the year and i wanted the songs the live band sang,1 in particular but cant rememember it.anyone help with some titles

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2008 at 2:52 PM

Makes me want to go now.

• Dec 5, 2007 at 10:52 AM

Hi Gabriela, What a beautiful description of the Maldives. Also what a stunning destination. Thanks for sharing so much & 'njoy the rest of the week!

• Bilimari's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2007 at 12:25 PM

Water bungalows look really nice! I'm looking for a place to stay in Maldives now. Thanks for the info. :)

Fam.Rauca

“Be not happy alone, about the wonderful things in the world. Give also a little bit of luck to others!”

Badges & Stats in Maldives

Have you been to Maldives?

Latest Activity in Maldives