"I say: “Sun Island”, but the words don't suffice…" Top 5 Page for this destination Maldives by Fam.Rauca
Maldives Travel Guide: 1,549 reviews and 5,421 photos
A trip to Maldives is a dream…
We didn’t plan it longer, but it became reality.
The voyage, in fact, was planned to Hawaii, but after a long deliberation, we decided to transform it.
I am not sure, whether we did right, but I am glad that we visited this earth piece.
It is really a dream, a satisfaction for the soul and a pleasure for the eyes.
At six o’clock in the early, we drove from Vienna to Munich, by train.
That was necessary, because we flew from there, with the Emirates Air Lines, to Dubai.
It was a over six-hour agreeable flight, with a big look forward to vacation.
We were captivated as we saw the Dubai, from over.
It was a golden web, a collection of palaces and treasures.
The airport was also a reflection of the city’s beauty.
We flew above Colombo, from Dubai to Male, the main island of the Maldives.
The delayed coming in Male was for us a stroke of luck.
Because we missed the speedboat, we had the possibility to fly to Sun Island with the hydroplane.
It was an experience that I, personally, will never forget.
Under our eyes, was an immensity of a dark-blue sea with turquoise-coloured lagoons, in which, the white sandbanks border the small islands.
Each individual island has an intense green kernel, from coconut palms.
The 1190 islands are scattered on a surface of 90000 square kilometres, but the country surface consists only of 300 square kilometres.
From these small islands, only 203 are populated.
On one of the 77 hotel islands, where the tourists spend their vacation, we had also the luck, a few quiet days, to lie under the sun.
On our Maldives page, we will try to show a few from our vacation photos and to tell you a small amount of our beautiful memories.
- Pros:Clear and clean sea, brightly white sand, colourfully plants, untouched nature
- In a nutshell:It is an experience that one cannot forget.
- See All Modern institutions buildings in Male
- See All A good bearing amid the attractions of...
- See All The tracks of the move on the way of the...
- See All The tennis place
- See All The fruit and vegetable market in Male
- See All The Italian Restaurant - Sun Island
- See All Be careful, to corals on the underwater...
- See All Water bungalows, full of comfort and...
- See All Drinking in the bar, a cocktail of...
- See All Gags with the small crabs
Fam.Rauca's Related Pages
Maldives Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Maldives by Air"
- "Yes, the water really is this blue"
- "I say: “Sun Island”, but the words don't suffice…"
- "Maldives - A Paradise On Earth"
- "Maldives - sea, sun, beach and snorkeling"
- "Sun Island Resort"
- "A Little Paradise Island-Fiha Lhohi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maldives
- Hotels in Maldives
- Transportation in Maldives
- Nightlife in Maldives
- Restaurants in Maldives
- Shopping in Maldives
- Warnings and Dangers in Maldives
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maldives
- 96 Reviews
- 430 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Maldives?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maldives
Videos in MaldivesSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 157 reviews, 549 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 105 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rodos (City) Intro, 101 reviews, 447 photos
- Zürich Intro, 117 reviews, 427 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maldives Intro, 96 reviews, 430 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Piatra Neamt Intro, 65 reviews, 308 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 73 reviews, 297 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Constanta Intro, 67 reviews, 303 photos
- Austria Intro, 61 reviews, 299 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 78 reviews, 221 photos