Melk Favorite Tips by Fam.Rauca Top 5 Page for this destination
Melk Favorites: 22 reviews and 48 photos
The entrance in the first yard of the Stift Melk
Favorite thing: Just like a mightier castle, the Stift Melk, have high-quality architecture elements.
From the Stift parking place, that looks like an idyllic park, one can going, down, on the lovely staircase, through the first gate, in the first court of the Abbey.
This entrance is built into a unique manner, and the nature elements, round, fits exactly, to which architecture of the gate.
Favorite thing: The beautiful Arcades, is an architectural peculiarity of the Abbey of Melk.
On the way to the museum, one can admire this handsome piece of jewellery.
The splendid architecture elements of the Stift
Favorite thing: The splendid architecture elements of the Stift Melk, the narrow corridors, the light colour of the walls, and the stone embroidery, are important and special qualities of this construction.
In the year 1978, began the renovation of the old building, and lasted, until recently, 2006.
The restoration works, from the baroque splendour construction, enable adaptation measures for some areas of the Abbey.
The Abbey Park
Favorite thing: The Stiftspark was created in the year 1750, as baroque garden.
Later, in the year 1822, this garden was changed, and redesigned, in bulk, to an English landscape park.
In the 1995 began a deep renovation scheme for this park.
The 250 year old lindens are a special attraction of the park.
Many tourists go for a walk, on which quiet and shady avenues of the park.
The Danube valley, around Melk
Favorite thing: The city Melk has the privilege to be placed in the Danube valley.
This splendid area is a region for the love on the first gaze.
Into this magical surroundings the nature and the constructions is narrow together interconnected.
The cloister castle of Melk has been long ago part of the miraculous landscape in the Danube Valley.
The majestically bridge over the Danube, the wine terraces and high over the stream the castle ruins, produce, all together, a grand romantic landscape.
In 2000, the Danube Valley became a World Heritage site due to its harmonious mix of natural and man-made beauty.
The Town Hall square (Rathausplatz)
Favorite thing: The Town Hall square in Melk is the centre of this small town.
There, you find an intimate atmosphere, with old buildings, that are part of the history of Melk.
You have the possibility to go to stroll on this place, to shops, to sit into a fashionable restaurant or coffeehouse, or in summers, to drink a cold beer to a comfortable terrace.
More Reviews (16)
- Books, brochures, souvenirs...
- The popular hotel in Melk
- The train station of Melk
- See All A train in the railway station of Melk
Fam.Rauca's Related Pages
Melk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Melk"
- "Melk, a small town at the Danube Valley"
- "St Colman and Melk - The Irish Connection"
- "Melk & its Famous Abbey"
- "Wachau - The Famous Town of Melk"
- "Melk, a beautiful place and its baroque monastery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melk
- Hotels in Melk
- Transportation in Melk
- Restaurants in Melk
- Shopping in Melk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melk
- 22 Reviews
- 104 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Melk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melk
Photos in MelkSee All Photos (104)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 157 reviews, 549 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 105 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rodos (City) Intro, 101 reviews, 447 photos
- Zürich Intro, 117 reviews, 427 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maldives Intro, 96 reviews, 430 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Piatra Neamt Intro, 65 reviews, 308 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 73 reviews, 297 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Constanta Intro, 67 reviews, 303 photos
- Austria Intro, 61 reviews, 299 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 78 reviews, 221 photos