"Melk, a small town at the Danube Valley" Top 5 Page for this destination Melk by Fam.Rauca
Melk Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 850 photos
that creates a magical atmosphere. The place Melk was mentioned authentically as
Medilica, in the year 831 for the first time. The main attraction is the Stift Melk
(Benedictine Abbey of Melk), a cloister palace in baroque style that oversees the whole
city from one height rock. The Rathausplatz (town hall place), with its old buildings,
from 17th and 18th century, in centre of Melk, is an important piece of the magic Old
Town, and a mixture of architecture and nature. A visit to Melk is a beautiful
experience that remains for always a great memory. A trip to Melk is a profit, for spirit
and soul. By car, with the bus, by train, or with the boat on the Danube, all are
possibilities to drive to Melk and its area.
Here, there is a beautiful landscape, with splendid nature elements, that is interconnected, with which human creations.
The bridge over the Danube River is a mighty construction that connected the two magical shores and makes possible, the good for run of the traffic in these surroundings.
Danube is a popular way, for the tourists, that admires, from the boat, the many beauties of the region.
Miscellaneous wares are transported, also, on this way.
Wonderful walls, valuable art, embroideries of marble, and gold, rare books, sculptures and paintings, but also much, much, much fresh air, green trees, and colourful flowers.
A walk in the middle of the nature through which splendid garden, is a recreation for the tourists, after a visit in the heart of the religion, history and art, in the lovely area of the Abbey.
- Pros:History, religion, art, nature in a wonderful connection
- In a nutshell:It is worthwhile, to admire one of the most beautiful baroque creations.
This shop offers a plentiful selection at books about Melk Abbey, view cards as well as a multiplicity from traditional... more travel advice
This three-star hotel has modern and clean rooms, with balcony, douche und TV. more travel advice
- The train station of Melk
- See All A train in the railway station of Melk
- See All The spiral staircase
Fam.Rauca's Related Pages
Melk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Melk"
- "Melk, a small town at the Danube Valley"
- "St Colman and Melk - The Irish Connection"
- "Melk & its Famous Abbey"
- "Wachau - The Famous Town of Melk"
- "Melk, a beautiful place and its baroque monastery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melk
- Hotels in Melk
- Transportation in Melk
- Restaurants in Melk
- Shopping in Melk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melk
- 22 Reviews
- 104 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Melk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melk
Photos in MelkSee All Photos (104)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 157 reviews, 549 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 105 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rodos (City) Intro, 101 reviews, 447 photos
- Zürich Intro, 117 reviews, 427 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maldives Intro, 96 reviews, 430 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Piatra Neamt Intro, 65 reviews, 308 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 73 reviews, 297 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Constanta Intro, 67 reviews, 303 photos
- Austria Intro, 61 reviews, 299 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 78 reviews, 221 photos