Vienna Off The Beaten Path Tips by Fam.Rauca Top 5 Page for this destination
Vienna Off The Beaten Path: 489 reviews and 942 photos
"The flower clock" in the City Park
The city park is a lovely, quietly place, and in English landscape style.
It was designed in the year 1862, during the construction of the Ring, and based on the plans of Josef Selleny and Rudolf Siebeck.
The park has a dimension of 65.303 square metres.
The entrance of the park is placed exactly in front of the hotel Meriot, on the Parkring.
The Vienna River flows through this lovely place, into a magical landscape.
Numerous monuments remind of celebrities of the Viennese music history.
The lovely flower pads are in summers, a real attraction, for the Viennese.
The miraculous avenues, the pond in the middle of the park, the flower clock, the pavilion, the small tower, but in the first point, the statue of the "King of the waltz", Johann Strauss, are some of the peculiarities of this garden.
Address: 1, Parkring, Vienna
Metro: U3, U4
Tramway: 1, 2
The monument of Johann Strauss
The monument in marble and gold for Johann Strauss Son, is for thousands visitors and probably Vienna's most-photographed sight.
There is a marble arch, in relief, and a golden statue of the King of the waltz, in the middle.
The monument is the artwork of the sculptor E.Helmer, and it was realized in the year 1921.
Part of the Albertina building, the fountain features allegories of the Danube.
This is a modern church situated exactly in front of the UNO city buildings.
The edifice has a lightens and splendid inside part.
The modern form of the building is an beautiful architecturally master work.
22, Vienna International Center
Bus: 90a, 91a, 92a, 20b
Commemorative church of the Jubilee of Franz Joseph.
The church was built between 1898 and 1913 on the occasion of the 50th Jubilee of the reign of the Emperor Franz Joseph.
The brick construction also houses a commemorative chapel, on the model of the Aachener Pfalzkapelle (Palatine):
The church is built in 2nd district of Vienna, exactly in the Mexico square.
2. Vienna, Mexicoplatz 12
Bus: 10a, 11a
Stadtpark (The City Park) in Summer
This Park is a really paradise also in summer.
The colourfully flowers, the bushes and the trees, the many statues, and the quietly avenues, make here a magical ambience.
The statue of Johan Strauss shines under the Sun and the other monuments in the park too.
Address: 01, Dr. Karl-Renner Ring
Tramway: 1, 2, D, J
Address: 01, Josefsplatz 1, Vienna
Pallas Athene Brunnen (The Athena Fountain)
1., Dr.Karl-Renner-Ring 3, Vienna
More Reviews (85)
- See All Kaisergruft - The emperors tombs
- See All A splendid, aristocratic hotel in Vienna
- Ice-skating in front of the Vienna's...
- See All Fischspezialitäten - Orth an der Donau
- See All Monuments in the city park
Fam.Rauca's Related Pages
Vienna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My birthplace & the place where I feel at home !"
- "VIENNA, AUSTRIA ~ MUSIC IS IN THE AIR !"
- "VIENNA AND THE PASSION OF ART"
- "Vienna and its never-ending history"
- "Just More then Mozart, Strauss und Sacher torte"
- "Still a city of dreams"
- "Rainy day in Vienna 2006, sunny in 2013"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vienna
- Hotels in Vienna
- Transportation in Vienna
- Nightlife in Vienna
- Restaurants in Vienna
- Shopping in Vienna
- Warnings and Dangers in Vienna
- See All...
Explore the World
- Berkeley Hotels
- Soap Lake Hotels
- Yasawairara Hotels
- Wimbledon Common Hotels
- Goa Off The Beaten Path
- Halifax Off The Beaten Path
- Grand Bahama Island Off The Beaten Path
- Places around Hyderabad
- France Off The Beaten Path
- Santa Monica Off The Beaten Path
- Pulau Bintan Off The Beaten Path
- Vortexes & Spirituality
- Province of Ontario Off The Beaten Path
- Kota Kinabalu Off The Beaten Path
- Switzerland Off The Beaten Path
- Islamorada Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Vienna
- 105 Reviews
- 471 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 46 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vienna
Photos in ViennaSee All Photos (471)
Videos in ViennaSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 157 reviews, 549 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 105 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rodos (City) Intro, 101 reviews, 447 photos
- Zürich Intro, 117 reviews, 427 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maldives Intro, 96 reviews, 430 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Piatra Neamt Intro, 65 reviews, 308 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 73 reviews, 297 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Constanta Intro, 67 reviews, 303 photos
- Austria Intro, 61 reviews, 299 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 78 reviews, 221 photos
Latest Vienna hotel reviews
- Kavalier Hotel
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2013
- Pension Suzanne
- 438 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Pension Neuer Markt
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Pension Wildenauer
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 13, 2013
- Hotel Geblergasse
- 130 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 15, 2013
- Grand Hotel Wien
- 309 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Mailberger Hof
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Arcotel Kaiserwasser
- 114 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Altstadt Vienna Hotel
- 590 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Mercure Imlauer Nestroy Wien Hotel
- 142 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Nh Atterseehaus
- 101 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Pension Schonbrunn
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2013
- Hotel Schweizerhof
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 12, 2013
- Hotel Lenas Donau
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Austria Trend Schloss
- 59 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 16, 2013
- Hofburg- 231 Reviews, 503 Photos
- Schonbrunn- 291 Reviews, 543 Photos
- Stephansdom- 234 Reviews, 469 Photos
- Belvedere- 171 Reviews, 307 Photos
- Hundertwasser- 111 Reviews, 217 Photos
- Ringstrasse- 174 Reviews, 286 Photos
- Karlskirche - St Charles Church- 95 Reviews, 171 Photos
- Kunsthistorisches Museum - KHM- 55 Reviews, 133 Photos
- Oper - Staatsoper- 96 Reviews, 161 Photos
- Giant Ferris Wheel- 45 Reviews, 74 Photos
See All Vienna Things to Do