"Have babies, will travel" oisha's Profile
Don't think I've ever been THIS excited!! We're about to embark upon a year in Geneva! Yup, the whole family.
We'll have to manage living in a bed-sit in a fifth-floor walk-up, because every spare penny will be spent on travel!
Just imagine ... 5 different countries just over the border. Multiple languages. Multiple cuisines. New friends to be made. I'm so ready for this!
Well the little fella was born on 3 Feb 2006. That means he just scraped in to the Year of the Dog - making him - as Xuessium points out - a "puppy".
He's now got one trip to the US, one trip to Japan, two trips to Singapore and three trips to India under his belt. He's even been on safari, though he hasn't seen a tiger yet.
He's just grown out of the plane's bassinet "seat" as you can see. Next flight he gets the inhumanely uncomfortable big seat we all get, but at least they have gadgets to fiddle with. And a tray table.
When we started our family 2003 we thought our travel days were over. People said "the baby needs routine, stability, a familiar place". They said "it's too difficult to manage a baby while travelling".
Fortunately we ignored them, and our first baby has accompanied us on wonderful trips in Australia and around the world. My theory is that if we're happy, she'll be happy too. And what is life without travel?
Travelling with a young one may not be as simple as without, but it's just as rewarding. When you hear the word "aliplane" come out of your child's mouth for the first time, and with all the enthusiasm it deserves, you know you're on your way to many happy holidays!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 47 Reviews
- 96 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 19 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Posted in Travel France Forum "Re: Arles, Avignon, Nimes? Best..."
- Wrote a Review Foggy day? What to do outdoors... in Geneva Things to Do
- Commented on aussiedoug's profile page
- oisha and kiwi are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "VT mottos I like"
updated their Personal Page "VT mottos I like"
- updated a Slovenia Travel Page "Rounding the eastern end of the Alps"
Top 10 Pages
- Canberra Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Geneva Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- New Delhi Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Amritsar Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Chandigarh Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Chicago Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Sydney Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos