"Russian China" Manzhouli by wenzhi_travels

Manzhouli Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 15 photos

Manzhouli is a great town. You go there more for the experience than sites, although it does have sites to offer. It was the first place in China that I blended in more than Vincent, since they all thought I was Russian and the Chinese would come up to me speaking Russian, only to be shocked to find out we are both Americans. The Russian abilities of the Chinese in this town are amazing. That in and of itself is reason enough to visit, even if you, like us, don't speak any Russian. The people we met here were all really nice and seemed to appreciate the fact we tried to speak Chinese (unlike some people in other small towns who resented that we didn't speak fluent Chinese). Unfortunately the Russian border sign no longer says CCCP, but it's still worth the trip out there. Get some Russian food. Also get the buffalo wings.

• Pros:great people, diversity
  • Cons:small town
  • Last visit to Manzhouli: Jul 2005
  • Intro Written Aug 7, 2005

• sugarpuff's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2006 at 8:52 PM

I went to manzhouli myself and that area a couple of years ago..wished id written more tips at the time as its virtually gone from my mind now...but nice to see someone else has been there too!

wenzhi_travels

“When in Rome, do as the Ostrogoths do. Wait, no...d'oh!”

Badges & Stats in Manzhouli

Have you been to Manzhouli?

Latest Activity in Manzhouli