"Within A Natural Landscape..." Cumberland by Mistral16

Cumberland Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 48 photos

Flights Of Imagination - 22 September 2006

Since I cannot travel geographically, at least for any great distance, I travel to the foot of the hill on which I live, and come frequently to the point of the river by Manville Falls on The Blackstone River, to witness the continual change and play of light upon the natural landscape.

It's a quiet and lovely place, and I am continually surprised by the quality of light in this serene and beautiful place. A seemingly uneventful sunset can within minutes burst into a riot of gorgeous color and light, surprising even an old and experienced - if not weary - heart.

This beauty keeps my heart alive, with the possibility of Light and Wonder that is, for me, the heart of the beauty of Life ---- and why I live.

Such a surprise was the first photo in this chapter, which came minutes after a very low-key and unsurprising sunset. But to a careful and watchful eye, surprise and change is a frequent event, and cause for Wonder in the experience of Nature which is our world.

No two sunsets and twilights are ever the same here, or anywhere.

I may not travel much anymore geographically, but I travel great distances within imagination, and within the natural landscape here in Cumberland, RI, which is my home.

All a creation of the beauty of Light ---- and all Life that has evolved from it, here and everywhere within our Natural world.

Tyger! Tyger! burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

....When the stars threw down their spears,
And water'd heaven with their tears,
Did he smile his work to see?

Did he who made the Lamb make thee?

~ Wm. Blake, "The Tyger," from "Songs Of Experience."

Flights Of Imagination - 22 September 2006

• Last visit to Cumberland: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 23, 2006

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2007 at 2:55 PM

I hope you'll have a wonderful holiday season. Greetings from the cold Saskatoon.

Mistral16 Lives Here!

Mistral16

“Faites joie...time is short, memory long.”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Cumberland

Have you been to Cumberland?

Latest Activity in Cumberland