"Bad Kreuznach, a spa town worth seeing" Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Kreuznach by cleomedes
Bad Kreuznach Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 125 photos
Research showed that stone age people settled here.
Later Bad Kreuznach was founded as a Celtic settlement 5th century BC, it´s name was Cruciniacum.
After that Romans came, who liked the mild climate here, and built a lot of villas ans halls. Parts of an old Roman palace can be visited.
2000 years ago wine growing was introduced, which still charactererizes the countryside around.
The basis for today´s spa treatment are the town´s saline springs, first mentioned 1490. In 1843 the first spa building opened.
Built in 1913, was place of many historical events. Guests were: founder of Turkish state Atatürk, French presidents Charles de Gaulle and Francois Mitterand, Germany chancellor Helmut Kohl.
In 1785 built as a summer palace. Today it´s a museum for the town´s history and art history collections and a puppet... more travel advice
cleomedes' Related Pages
Bad Kreuznach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bad Kreuznach, lovely setting & marvellous hiking"
- "BAD KREUZNACH - KUR TOWN FOR THE KAISER"
- "BAD KREUZNACH"
- "Bad Kreuznach, a spa town worth seeing"
- "The amazing 'Brueckenhauser'"
- "Ad Opticum - optician in one of the bridge houses"
- "Sleepy Bad Kreuznach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bad Kreuznach
- Hotels in Bad Kreuznach
- Transportation in Bad Kreuznach
- Restaurants in Bad Kreuznach
- Warnings and Dangers in Bad Kreuznach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bad Kreuznach
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Bad Kreuznach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bad Kreuznach
Photos in Bad KreuznachSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 26 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Kreuznach Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Cape Town 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shannon 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Vienna Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Canary Islands 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Mainz Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Putrajaya 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Provincie Zeeland Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Langkawi 1 review, 5 photos