"Kalamata and Surrounding Area" Kalamata by VegetarianSecretary

Kalamata Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 20 photos

This is a temporary section (some info I posted as a reply to a forum!) until I have time to create a proper page. Any questions, please ask.

RE: Moving to Analypsi 12km outside Kalamata
Posted: Fri April 15 12:12:22 2005 BST

I worked at a resort in Analypsi last summer and also spent 3 weeks holidaying/travelling around the area afterwards. I would say that the area is quite varied with some tiny little villages and then you have the quite cosmopolitan Kalamata.

The nightlife in Kalamata is pretty OK actually. There is a really cool bar (Bar Aquatic or something) which is open-air (although it also feels like you're inside!) with a swimming pool. Really good fun, if a little packed in summer (with Greeks, generally not tourists).

VegetarianSecretary

[Reply]

Kalamata RE: Moving to Analypsi 12km outside Kalamata
Posted: Fri April 15 12:24:23 2005 BST

Darn thang cut me off! OK, I didn't find the locals particularly friendly to be honest but it really just depends on the people you come across. I had an iffy experience with a taxi driver who had a knife so beware of that! If you want to know more about that, I'll tell you, I just don't want to scare you too much!

There are plenty of lovely places to explore in the area, I drove to places such as Pylos, Koroni, Methoni, Olympia, Ancient Messinia (not a lot to see in my opinion), Stoupa (the Mani). Just driving around is an experience...so beautiful.

And there is nothing that beats a Messinian sunset. Every night, over the sea, the best sunsets I have ever seen.

I think you will enjoy the area. You have all the quaint traditional villages but you also have the upmarket boutiques of Kalamata.

If you have any other specific questions, please so not hesitate to contact me.

Sarah

• Last visit to Kalamata: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 15, 2005

Comments

VegetarianSecretary

“Open Your Mind”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Kalamata

Have you been to Kalamata?

Latest Activity in Kalamata