Udaipur Hotel Tips by ericsas Top 5 Page for this destination

Udaipur Hotels: 10 reviews and 16 photos

View from my room - Udaipur

View from my room

Jaiwana Haveli: Budget accomodation in front of the lake Jaiwana Haveli Review

I chose Jaiwana Haveli based on the recommnendations I found in VT. I booked an standard single room with lake views and AC for 1250 INR per night. Pickup from the airport was 500 INR and the AC taxi for sightseeing with AC was 1450 INR. From outside, Jaiwana looks far way better than the others Havelis around, with the exception of Mewar, that it looks quite good from outside as well. I arrived at Jaiwana at 7am due to the early flight i booked, and they let me check-in in my room at no extra charge. After checking-in, I went to the restaurant in the top roof for enjoying the breakfast while viewing lake Pichola. Once i finished my breakfast, the person at the reception gave me some tips about places to visit and a map. The location of Jaiwana is perfect, as it is located in the old city in front of lake Pichola, and just 5 minutes walking distance from the city Palace. The room was clean and big enough, with AC, TV and views to the lake. I must say, that after readings the recommendations in VT, i was between Jaiwana and Mewar, but finally i booked Jaiwana cause it was a bit cheaper. As Mewar is just 5 metres away from Jaiwana, i stepped in for lunch, and i have to say that from inside, Mewar looks more renovated, and the restaurant is cheaper, but i couldn´t check how the rooms did look like.

Unique Qualities: Great location: in front of lake Pichola, and 5 minutes walking distance from city Palace. People friendliness. Budget acommodation but very clean.

Address: 14, Lalghat, Udaipur, Rajasthan, 313001, India

Comparison: less expensive than average

Other Contact: info@jaiwanahaveli.com