"Udaipur in 1 weekend" Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur by ericsas
Udaipur Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 60 photos
Being in Delhi on business trip, and having visited already Delhi and Agra, I started checking what other destinations nearby Delhi could be visited for spending a weekend. Between all the candidates, i finally chose Udaipur based on friends recommendations and as well cause there are direct flights from Delhi and you can reach Udaipur in around 2 hours.
Palaces, forts located in hilltops, serene lakes and tales of valour, make Udaipur a jewel among the cities of Rajasthan. Apart from this, the city has a large number of temples an havelis of various hues and in spite of it being on a desert area, there are many green parks and gardens. Not only as a tourist spot, it is also culturally rich it being a centre of crafts and performing arts. The city was once surrounded by a wall which is in ruins now and the old city is surrounded by the remains of the wall to the east of lake Pichola.
Udaipur is the main filming location of James Bond´s movie - "Octopussy" and their habitants are proud of it as they tell you everywhere, and every evening in the restaurants in the old part of the city, they play the movie. The locations that appear in the movie are:
- City Palace - James Bond´s hotel
- Gardens city palace - hunting scene
- Jagmandir Island
- Jagniwas Island
- Lake Palace hotel - Octopussy´s island home
- Lake Pichola - Lake surrounding Octopussy´s home
- Monsoon Palace - Kamal Khan´s palace
- Pros:Lakes, mountains, palaces, gardens, relax
- Cons:High temperatures
Lake Palace was one of the filming spots for the James Bond´s movie Octopussy. Now it is a luxury hotel that belongs to... more travel advice
This was the first island palace of Lake Pichola. Built in 1622 AD by Maharana Karan, it was intended to be a pleasure... more travel advice
ericsas' Related Pages
Udaipur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Udaipur City of Lake"
- "Romantic And Peaceful Udaipur"
- "Udaipur in 1 weekend"
- "THE HEAVEN IN INDIA"
- "Lakes and Palaces"
- "Udaipur Travel Guide- Udaipur Tourism Experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Udaipur
- Hotels in Udaipur
- Transportation in Udaipur
- Restaurants in Udaipur
- Shopping in Udaipur
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Udaipur
- 6 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Udaipur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Udaipur
Top 5 Pages
- Uganda Intro, 33 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Dar es Salaam Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
- Zanzibar Island Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Paris 1 review, 2 photos