"The True Andean Experience" Pisac by neurochic
Pisac Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 215 photos
Pisac was the first city that I visited in Peru and what a wonderful place to be introduced to the country. Pisac is a rural town on the outskirts of Cusco and here is where you will feel like you are experiencing how Peru must have been many years ago, free from tourism. A lovely town rich in culture and definitely worth a visit.
The outdoor market in Pisac is the main reason why this town was even discovered by tourists. It is a great way to spend an afternoon finding small treasures while engulfing yourself in rich Peruvian culture.
Besides the market, there are also the Pisac Ruins waiting to be enjoyed.
- Pros:Rich in culture, great market, nice people
- Cons:A bit overun with tourists, very noisy at night
- In a nutshell:Beautiful, colorful, lively and rich in culture!
Semani Wasi Restaurant has the best trout I have ever had in my life. The restaurant is located on the end of the market... more travel advice
In Peru, guinea pig or cuy is a common dish. My husband had fried cuy in a restaurant and he said it tastes a lot like... more travel advice
neurochic's Related Pages
Pisac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Market & ruins"
- "Pisac's Sunday market"
- "looking for lost time!"
- "Pisac, the begining of the Sacred Valley"
- "Colors in Pisac"
- "The True Andean Experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pisac
- Hotels in Pisac
- Transportation in Pisac
- Restaurants in Pisac
- Shopping in Pisac
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pisac
- 6 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Pisac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pisac
Photos in PisacSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 31 reviews, 49 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos
- Quy Nhon Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- San Diego Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos
- Arequipa Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- North Manitou Island Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos
- Ayuthaya Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos
- Ko Samui Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Pisac Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
No friends yet.