"Jane's travels in this big happy world..." WillowCat's Profile

Heading to Shanghai and then Koh Samui Jan 25th.

Hi all
I am a newbie at traveling but I think it has bitten me badly and I want to incorporate more and more into my life. I am a bit of a desktop traveller in that most of my journeys have been (luckily) paid for by my employers or clients.
II will fill in more as I get used to this site. Everyone here looks really fun.
If you ever have questions on Vancouver please drop me a line! Special thanks to all of the wonderful people on this site that have assisted me in my recent travels!
Jane

Beach Girl...

I am really a bit of a beach bum so anywhere hot with water is perfect in my books. I loved Lamai, Koh Samui although I think Koh Toh or one of the other smaller islands might be a better future choice as I found the hookers/men who buy them very disturbing.
I am an artistic type so communities with arts and culture fascinate me. I respect all cultures and enjoy learning from the locals where I am.

Don't Goa to Goa

Just got back from 10 days in Goa and 5 days in New Delhi. Although I loved India and thought it is probably an amazing country to visit, I thought Goa was a big letdown. I can't speak for everyone as many seemed happy there, but I can't lie on the beach and enjoy a vacation when starving and deformed children are begging for money all around me. The garbage there is atrocious and the smells are gross. There is constant burning and you have to fight with the flies for your meals. The bathrooms in even some of the nicer restaurants are scarey and if you are sick it just makes that situation much worse.
Baga beach is a definite no no for anyone that wants peace. There is no "quiet part" of the beach. I recommend Anjuna or Arambol or I am sure others are quite nice that I didn't get to. Not much to do there except lie in the sun...

Beaches in India

Here is a nicer shot of Goa. This is Arambol beach and a lot nicer than Baga.

• Intro Updated Jan 9, 2007

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!