"Something about me" wayne0k's Profile

Travel Interests continued...

… and people. People are definitely my top ranked travel interest. Maybe the VT developers will add “People” to the interest options one day soon?

I’m a happy traveler. While I do have my preferred destinations, I don’t really care too much as long as I am traveling to a destination where I can see and meet people and hopefully, get to live within someone else’s culture, no matter how fleeting the moment may be. I must have learned this appreciation from my father who, in lieu of his limited opportunities to explore the world away from home and work, made a habit of hiring people from all over the world. A visit to his laboratory was like looking through a kaleidoscope of cultures. As a child, it wasn’t uncommon to have dinner guests from Egypt, British Guiana, Greece, Taiwan, and many other places. And aside from hearing tales about their youth, growing up in these far away lands, I was often treated to slideshows showing their hometowns and favorite vacation spots. I don’t think I ever dozed off while the hum from the projector could still be heard.

For me, traveling restores my strength, tunes my senses, and opens my eyes to the little things that someone else may take for granted, or pass unobserved, in their own back yard. So within my travel pages I hope to share some of those wonderful little things that caught my eye along with those that are more popular.

Traveling is also an opportunity for me to learn, and for these opportunities I am most grateful. In the months prior to my travels, I try to research as much as I can from as many sources as possible in order to learn about a destination and the good folks living there.

Finally, the end of each of my adventures always brings great disappointment. Sure, being home can provide many comforts that I count myself fortunate to have… but if I had the chance to live anywhere, I would definitely live everywhere. Thus, the selection of my quote: “If I lived here, I’d be home by now.”

Peace! and Happy Trails-
Wayne

Some extra notes...

Extra notes:

VT Meetings – I haven’t been to one, but I would like to. If there are any visitors to the Philadelphia region, feel free to drop me a line. I’d be more than happy to share a drink and a few stories and try to help you feel at home, while away from home.

VT E-mail and comments – I check them regularly, but receive only mail from other VTers. I’d be happy to hear from you and share any information I can that would be of interest to you.

My travel pages – Some locations I’ve listed need some work I know. But those that are empty are mostly from my “pre-digital camera” era. With some frustration, my scanner sits idly, but I am making slow progress converting my older photos.

My hometown – My current hometown, Morrisville Borough, is located in a suburban area just north of Philadelphia (the city of my birth). I have lived here for nearly a decade now, and each year brings a new discovery for me here. Morrisville is home to many points of historical interest from the earliest settlements of native Americans who found their sustenance along the banks of the Delaware River, to the early colonization period of the 1600’s where William Penn began his official surveying of Penn’s Woods (Pennsylvania, the State) and built his summer home. Morrisville also holds claim to nearly being selected as the new nation’s capitol and might have been still if not for the need to placate the southern land speculators who held deeds to the swamp lands that are now called Washington D.C. I’ll provide more information as I develop my hometown pages.

And I thank you…

I just wanted to add a big thank you to those VTers who I have contacted in the past. You have provided me with much valued information and encouragement and above all, great kindness and camaraderie. I look forward to future opportunities to share time with you.

• Intro Updated Jan 3, 2006

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Happy, happy birthday! :)

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Happy birthday, Wayne! :) Blessings!

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Happy Birthday Wayne.

• kopwint's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2009 at 10:12 PM

happy and free in your great birthday and get harmony and peace in your new year 2009, wish from burma. Have you been Burma??lovely land of S/E asia..

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2008 at 10:16 AM

Happy birthday to you from Istanbul/Turkiye...I wish that you realize all your dreams good luck !!!))))

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2008 at 8:36 AM

Happy Birthday from sunny California!

• zuriga's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2007 at 10:49 PM

I went to Temple, too... back in the Stone Age. It's scary to think how long ago it was. :-)

• Rita_'s Profile Photo
    May 9, 2006 at 7:35 AM

Hi Wayne, thanks for visiting my amsterdam page! :-) Great homepage: it is different from the "standard" ... and i do like it! ;-)

• johanl's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2006 at 7:30 AM

very interesting homepage. Quite different from most of the other hp's. When you come out this way let me know.

• bike_packer's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2006 at 2:20 AM

very informative pages, wayne! would be back to check more of your pages.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
wayne0k's Profile Photo

wayne0k

“If I lived here - I'd be home by now”

Real Name