"Oconomowoc- Jewel Of The Lake Country" Oconomowoc by rdney99
Oconomowoc Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Oconomowoc, WI is a pleasant city 30 miles west of Milwaukee with a population of about 13,000. It is built around two beautiful lakes, Fowler and LaBelle, and meets Oconomowoc Lake's west bank.
It is also home to the popular Olympia resort and spa. There are many exquisite shops in the downtown area along with some fine restaurants and cafes. There is also a fairly good nightlife and some cultured establishments to relax with a drink and good conversation in such as the Irish Pub and German bar. There are many community events in the summer such as street dances, water ski shows and art festivals. to the south lies the refreshing Kettle Moraine State Forest, and the Ice Age National Scenic Trail which is great for family hiking. There is also a jam night at Louies' Trading post, (est. 1949 )in the nearby village of Monterrey for the musically inclined to show their talents.
- Pros:Family oriented community. great location near city and countryside
- Cons:congested downtown traffic. Well-to-do snobby residents Not geared for single people
- In a nutshell:Worth a weekend visit
rdney99's Related Pages
Oconomowoc Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "36020 North Beach Road Beverung House"
- "Oconomowoc- Jewel Of The Lake Country"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oconomowoc
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Oconomowoc?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oconomowoc
Top 10 Pages
- Ireland Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Guatemala Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Washington D.C. 1 review, 3 photos
- Russia Intro, 3 photos
- Croatia Intro, 3 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 3 photos
- Berlin Intro, 3 photos
- Tortuguero Intro, 3 photos
- Morocco 1 review
- London 1 review
FriendsSee All Friends (7)
Latest Oconomowoc hotel reviews
- Olympia Resort And Conference Center
- 149 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013