"The Yorks: York Village" York Village by KarenandCory
York Village Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 47 photos
Picturesque York Village, is also referred to as "Old York". You can visit many buildings maintained by the Old York Historical Society, our favorite being the Old Gaol (Jail).
This picture is of the York Village's Civil War Monument. Why is there a Civil War Monument in York, Maine? Due to a shipping mistake, York received the wrong statue. York's statue is on display somewhere south of the Mason-Dixon line.
The old buildings in this section of town have led to many stories of hauntings. There's a fun walking tour of York Village where you can hear tales of hauntings and folklore.
KarenandCory's Related Pages
York Village Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Historic York Village"
- "YORK VILLAGE, MAINE"
- "The Yorks: York Village"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in York Village
- 1 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to York Village?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in York Village
Top 10 Pages
- Arlington Intro, 47 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 38 reviews, 57 photos
- Kennebunkport Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Beach Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Massachusetts Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos
- Double Trouble State Park Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos
- Cambridge Intro, 19 reviews, 16 photos
- Maine Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Old Sturbridge Village Intro, 3 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Little Brewster Island Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos