"Witches and Loonies" Danvers by KarenandCory
Danvers Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 29 photos
Danvers was once known as Salem Village, where the Salem Witch hysteria began. Those first accused of witchcraft lived here. Many of the accused were examined by the magistrates (including the below mentioned John Hathorne) in the meetinghouse in Danvers.
Danvers State Hospital has a long and torrid history. It opened in 1878 and closed in 1992.
The site of Danvers State Hospital was where John Hathorne, judge of the Salem witch trials, lived. Hathorne was the only judge who remained unapologetic for his role in sentencing 20 innocent people to death.
KarenandCory's Related Pages
Danvers Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where the Witch Trials REALLY Happened"
- "Witches and Loonies"
- "Overnight Stays in Danvers"
- "John195123's new Danvers Page"
- "Danvers Hospital"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Danvers
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Danvers?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Danvers
Photos in DanversSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Arlington Intro, 47 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 38 reviews, 57 photos
- Kennebunkport Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Beach Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Massachusetts Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos
- Double Trouble State Park Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos
- Cambridge Intro, 19 reviews, 16 photos
- Maine Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Old Sturbridge Village Intro, 3 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Little Brewster Island Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos