"Former GCC financial capital" Bahrain by Durfun
Bahrain Travel Guide: 656 reviews and 1,529 photos
This place was the financial capital of the 6 GCC (Gulf Cooperative Council) countries before Dubai replaced it. Among these 6 (Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Oman) Qatar currently has the highest per capita income, ranking 4th in the world!
Bahrain is famous for it's fine purebreed horses, a 400 year old tree, and fine education system.
A causeway has been constructed to link Bahrain to it's colossal neighbour, Saudi Arabia.
- Cons:Sandstorms are frequent
- In a nutshell:Link to Saudi Arabia & Qatar
Durfun's Related Pages
Bahrain Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bahrain, the two waters"
- "Bahrain.. An Easy Get Away From Saudi Arabia"
- "Bahrain.."The Land of Life""
- "Middle East's little Island of Paradise"
- "Bahrain - The Two Seas"
- "Bahrain, The Pearl of the Arabian Gulf"
- "Living in Bahrain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bahrain
- Hotels in Bahrain
- Transportation in Bahrain
- Nightlife in Bahrain
- Restaurants in Bahrain
- Shopping in Bahrain
- Warnings and Dangers in Bahrain
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bahrain
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Bahrain?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bahrain
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 112 reviews, 349 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 13 reviews, 65 photos
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 59 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos
- Tampere Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (89)
Latest Bahrain hotel reviews
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 27, 2013