"The scenic, mystical resort" Bled by Durfun
Bled Travel Guide: 782 reviews and 1,919 photos
The setting is just gorgeous, and so are the views.
You have a lovely island in the middle of the lake dominated by a church, moutains around the lake, and an old castle perched high on the fringes of the lake.
This is Slovenia's oldest castle, perched at the top of a steep cliff above Lake Bled.
In 1011 it was given to the Bishops of Brixen by German Emperor Henrik II.
This is one of the grandest hotels in Bled.
It is not as tall and modern
as Toplice, Park or Golf, but it is rich in history!
It has lovely gardens, and was a retreat for Marshall Tito himself.
You also get to see his private lift hall, with his very own writing desk in that lift lobby!
- Pros:Compact and beautiful
- Cons:Some reputed restaurants were dead in this low-season!
- In a nutshell:Gorgeous, breathtaking, relaxing.
I loved it here. It was amazing, really. Good, sweet Klemmen (my snowboarding instructor in Krvavec) drove me here.... more travel advice
A good way to see Bled is a walk around the Lake. This way you are constantly beside nature (water and mountains), and... more travel advice
Durfun's Related Pages
Bled Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Place That I Want to Live In..."
- "Scenic and picturesque"
- "The place with the only Slovene island"
- "What a place"
- ""You had me at hello.............""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bled
- Hotels in Bled
- Transportation in Bled
- Nightlife in Bled
- Restaurants in Bled
- Shopping in Bled
- Warnings and Dangers in Bled
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bled
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Bled?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bled
Photos in BledSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 116 reviews, 362 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 13 reviews, 65 photos
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 59 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 17 reviews, 57 photos
- Dublin Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos
- Tampere Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos