"The birthplace of SAUNA :)" Finland by Durfun
Finland Travel Guide: 9,652 reviews and 22,108 photos
This country's biggest international brand is Nokia! A very diversified company indeed.
Also, Kone is an elevator/escalator company of worldwide acclaim.
And Finland owns some of the largest paper & paper pulp manufacturing companies.
Tammerkoski Rapids & it's 4 Power plants kicked off the industrialisation in Finland. This is in Tampere, a cool, compact, and pretty city.
A funky city, especially the end towards to Baltic Sea, with the majestic whitewashed Cathedral glowing in the sunshine.
The transport network is very good and efficient here.
Some quirky sights like the Rock Church & the artwork outside the Helsinki School of Economics :)
- Pros:Pretty, compact, friendly locals.
- Cons:Cold in winter
- In a nutshell:The right place to experience a real sauna :)
Durfun's Related Pages
Finland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Finland - about stereotypes and uniqueness"
- "Tales from the Thousand Lakes"
- "It is never too hot in Finland"
- "Fin de Lande"
- "IMPORTANT FINLAND FACTS"
- "Finland, it is quite fine land, may I say"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Finland
- Hotels in Finland
- Transportation in Finland
- Nightlife in Finland
- Restaurants in Finland
- Shopping in Finland
- Warnings and Dangers in Finland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Finland
- 13 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 25 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Finland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Finland
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 116 reviews, 362 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 13 reviews, 65 photos
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 59 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 17 reviews, 57 photos
- Dublin Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos
- Tampere Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos