"England's second city" Birmingham by Durfun
Birmingham Travel Guide: 785 reviews and 1,294 photos
Yes, this city has one, but of a different sort!
The area around New Street Rail Station has been re-developed since the old, faded look. The newer facelift was much needed, and has added vibrancy & life to that section of Central Birmingham.
This is something any chocolate lover must see.
The complex is massive, with living quarters originally developed for the workers at the factory. Even now, many of the surrounding streets have related names, eg Bournville Lane, etc.
A tour of the visitor centre is great fun, where you see the history behind cocoa, it's sources, the manufacturing process. You also get a goodie bag & a selection of chocolates to sample.
The gift shop inside can also provide you with a suitable momento/souvenir.
Nice for a fun & colourful day trip :)
- Pros:Compact, clean.
- Cons:Not as buzzing as London, if you want all action
- In a nutshell:Provides quite a contrast to London, despite being city 2!
Durfun's Related Pages
Birmingham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Birmingham, England ~~~~ original brum!"
- "Big Bad Brum, now Big Bling Brum"
- "Birmingham: My Home!"
- "~ A Weekend In Birmingham ~"
- "J_P_B's Birmingham Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Birmingham
- Hotels in Birmingham
- Transportation in Birmingham
- Nightlife in Birmingham
- Restaurants in Birmingham
- Shopping in Birmingham
- Warnings and Dangers in Birmingham
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Birmingham
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Birmingham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Birmingham
Photos in BirminghamSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 116 reviews, 362 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 13 reviews, 65 photos
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 59 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 17 reviews, 57 photos
- Dublin Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos
- Tampere Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos