Granada Tourist Trap Tips by Durfun
Granada Tourist Traps: 25 reviews and 25 photos
The star attraction of the Alhambra is Nasrid Palace, for which the tickets are mostly sold-out. Sadly, many still queue up for hours only to discover to their dismay that they'll have to return the following day.
Unique Suggestions: If no slots for the Palace are available for the day you require, you can still buy tickets to view the Gardens & other sections of the complex, for 5EUR each. These are in ample supply.
Fun Alternatives: If you have more days at Granada, buy Nasrid Palace tickets for the following day.
*** I met a Polish girl who knew about the difficulty with tickets, and yet, determined to see this place, she arrived in Granada from Cadiz at 0400 hours by bus, then spent 3 hours at the station, before heading straight for the ticket office before it opened, hoping & praying that she manages to buy tickets for that very day!
Luckily, her perseverance & prayers paid off! But remember, she was lucky & she worked very hard to achieve this!!
When you pay for your media sets to serve as tailored-guides of the complex, the staff often don't hand out the accompanying headsets, sometimes saying that they are only for elderly people or those with hearing disabilities.
This is not true. Though the sets have a built-in microphone, constantly holding them up to your ears is cumbersome, and since you've paid for the service, you're entitled to the convenience of the headsets!
Unique Suggestions: So, hold your ground, even if you have to say you have hearing problems... a claim not difficult to feign!!!
Fun Alternatives: Take no prisoners... don't leave without the headsets. Simple as that. You want your visit & experience to be a pleasant & memorable one, surely?
In fact I'd become pally with a couple & enquired where their sets were. They said the staff told them it was for old people, so I told her to go back & claim "though i look young, i'm a lot older than i look"! And this worked!!
More Reviews (14)
Durfun's Related Pages
Granada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Granada"
- "Much More Than The Alhambra"
- "And How to fall in love with a city...."
- "Feel of Old Islam in Spain"
- "Beautiful architecture and fantastic views!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Granada
- Hotels in Granada
- Transportation in Granada
- Nightlife in Granada
- Restaurants in Granada
- Shopping in Granada
- Warnings and Dangers in Granada
- See All...
Explore the World
- Moradabad Hotels
- Unken Hotels
- Incline Village
- Point Arena
- Kampong Selayang Hotels
- Booktown Hotels
Badges & Stats in Granada
- 16 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Granada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Granada
Photos in GranadaSee All Photos (60)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 112 reviews, 349 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 13 reviews, 65 photos
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 59 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos
- Tampere Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (89)
Latest Granada hotel reviews
- Princesa Ana Hotel
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 2, 2013
- Palacio De Santa Ines
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Hostal / Pension Rodri
- 174 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Hotel Casa Morisca
- 259 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Melia Granada
- 171 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2013
- Hotel Macia Gran Via
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Apartamentos Vacacionales Real de Cartuja
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 17, 2013
- Hesperia Granada Hotel
- 154 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Hostal Atenas
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Hostal Sonia
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Posada Bocanegra
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Hostal Austria
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 26, 2013
- Pension Casa del Aljarife
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Granada
- 120 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- THE ALHAMBRA- 207 Reviews, 400 Photos
- THE ALHAMBRA: NASRID PALACES- 144 Reviews, 279 Photos
- Albaicin- 72 Reviews, 94 Photos
- THE ALHAMBRA: GENERALIFE GARDENS- 75 Reviews, 164 Photos
- MIRADOR DE SAN NICOLAS- 16 Reviews, 28 Photos
- THE ALHAMBRA: ALCAZAR- 33 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Cathedral- 52 Reviews, 105 Photos
- SACROMONTE- 13 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Alcaiceria, Zoco or Arabic market- 13 Reviews, 29 Photos
- ROYAL CHAPEL- 16 Reviews, 31 Photos
See All Granada Things to Do