"Capital of Norway :)" Oslo by Durfun
Oslo Travel Guide: 2,983 reviews and 7,246 photos
You can see these here and there, dotted around the country, but very few originals remain.
The folk museum gives you a flavour for what the Vikings got up to, how they lived, made things, etc.
Definitely eye-opening and educational.
Boy, this place is awesome. I just loved the various sculptures depicting scenes from real life, mostly about interaction between humans.
Some of them were so innocent, I just could not stop taking photos.
The monolith, 46 feet high, is carved out of a single block of granite. It consists of 121 intertwined figures. A fine piece of work, for sure :)
- Pros:Interesting.. go to the sea for a swim :)
- Cons:The complex station ;)
- In a nutshell:Vigeland... wow... so sweet, so innocent :)
The Holmenkollen Ski Jump was the main arena for the 1952 winter Olympic Games, and plays an important part in the... more travel advice
Great layout, interesting exhibits, all helping you appreciate the ancient way of life in these lands. Most are... more travel advice
Durfun's Related Pages
Oslo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OSLO - NORWAY´S CAPITAL CITY."
- "oslo my home (bomb) town"
- "The fantastic capital of Norway"
- "My Own Private Oslo"
- "Winter Weekend in Oslo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oslo
- Hotels in Oslo
- Transportation in Oslo
- Nightlife in Oslo
- Restaurants in Oslo
- Shopping in Oslo
- Warnings and Dangers in Oslo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oslo
- 11 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Oslo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oslo
Photos in OsloSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 112 reviews, 349 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 13 reviews, 65 photos
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 59 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos
- Tampere Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos