"Sweet Danish Viking babes :)" Copenhagen by Durfun
Copenhagen Travel Guide: 3,917 reviews and 9,766 photos
What a breath of fresh air.. Scandinavians in general struck me as very patient & polite :) I just loved the locals.
This is real fun. We see all the new and old buildings, other boats passing, and ourselves pass through canals, some so low that we have to sit down ;)
Some call it a tourist trap, maybe because it is slightly out of the way.
But I had a soft spot for the modest, defenceless lady!
I caught the bus from the main square & set-off in search of her.
We had seen her the day before via the boat tour, but that was from a distance & a rear angle, with a large crowd around her.
I was not disappointed, as we walked through a harbour area with nice new developments, then through a pebbled area, and finally she was in our sights.
Crowds had thinned out, so she was all 'mine' for a while ;) I thought of wading in, but left it. I liked the few minutes I spent there.
- Pros:Compact, fun, buzzing :)
- In a nutshell:Fun, exciting city, with lovely views from the Round Tower!
This sweet mermaid has a tragic tale. She has been attacked & vandalised so many times. What is the point? Absolutely... more travel advice
Had to reach Arhus, so needed to catch a bus from Valby, which falls into Zone2 of Copenhagen. You buy the tickets from... more travel advice
Durfun's Related Pages
Copenhagen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Windy-ful Copenhagen"
- "COPENHAGEN ON THE CHEAP"
- "Operas and cycling in Copenhagen"
- "THE ROYAL CITY OF COPENHAGEN"
- "Highly Hygge!"
- "Copenhagen city of Absalon"
- "little mermaid’s city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Copenhagen
- Hotels in Copenhagen
- Transportation in Copenhagen
- Nightlife in Copenhagen
- Restaurants in Copenhagen
- Shopping in Copenhagen
- Warnings and Dangers in Copenhagen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Copenhagen
- 4 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Copenhagen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Copenhagen
Photos in CopenhagenSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 116 reviews, 362 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 13 reviews, 65 photos
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 59 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 17 reviews, 57 photos
- Dublin Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos
- Tampere Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos