"Sweet Danish Viking babes :)" Copenhagen by Durfun

Copenhagen Travel Guide: 3,906 reviews and 9,834 photos

Polite, charming ladies :)

What a breath of fresh air.. Scandinavians in general struck me as very patient & polite :) I just loved the locals.

The lovely canal tours

This is real fun. We see all the new and old buildings, other boats passing, and ourselves pass through canals, some so low that we have to sit down ;)

The sweet, defenceless Mermaid

Some call it a tourist trap, maybe because it is slightly out of the way.

But I had a soft spot for the modest, defenceless lady!

I caught the bus from the main square & set-off in search of her.

We had seen her the day before via the boat tour, but that was from a distance & a rear angle, with a large crowd around her.

I was not disappointed, as we walked through a harbour area with nice new developments, then through a pebbled area, and finally she was in our sights.

Crowds had thinned out, so she was all 'mine' for a while ;) I thought of wading in, but left it. I liked the few minutes I spent there.

• Pros:Compact, fun, buzzing :)
  • Cons:None.
  • In a nutshell:Fun, exciting city, with lovely views from the Round Tower!
  • Last visit to Copenhagen: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Jan 23, 2009

• arturowan's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2014 at 2:58 AM

It was like trying to find 'where's Wally', for a while - such a practised pose she just blends into the backdrop!

• mallyak's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2010 at 10:22 PM

C'mon-sure you got more to add to this city!!Yes you are right the ladies here were lovely!

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Fun so far - let's have more. Good contemporary "weather tip" HeHe ;) I keep missing the mermaid tho' - I really should visit her (with my chainsaw) then I can I write a tip LOL.

• bisbj's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2010 at 9:23 AM

So "Bad" brushes are 39 Kroner, how much is a "good" brush. Greetings from a guy in Yemen who has tasted camel meat... (as per your earlier comment)

• Manara's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2009 at 11:14 AM

You are right about the mermaid, she's so sweet, why should people harm her?

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2009 at 5:43 AM

Little mermaid - damsel in distress! nicely written Darsh :-)

Durfun

“Cherish memories of fab places, fab people, and the occasional 'angel' you run into...”

Badges & Stats in Copenhagen

Have you been to Copenhagen?

Latest Activity in Copenhagen