"Land of Midnight Sun, Northern Lights, and more :)" South Iceland by Durfun
South Iceland Travel Guide: 196 reviews and 637 photos
We decided to go at the tail end of March as it would not be as cold, yet still offering the prospect of seeing Aurora Borealis.
Were far from disappointed :)
The landscape is stunning and incredibly varied, the food scrumptious, and people very warm & friendly.
One gets to experience warm sunshine, cold breezes, rain, snow showers, blustery & bone-chilling winds all in a day's tour!
What more could one want?
After seeing one amazing natural phenomenon you can feel thoroughly satisfied & content, only to be told there is plenty more still to come!!
Sure exceeds your highest expectations. A must-do tour!
This place is amazing, simply not to be missed.
You could spend as long as you like, provided to get a connecting bus back to the city centre of airport.
People drive over, or take the tour bus. Many arrive here straight from Keflavik airport!! Now that has got to be a unique thing to do - off the plane to soak & dissolve away any jet-lag that may creep in!
- Pros:Awesome landscape & striking beauty :)
- Cons:Northern Lights cannot be harnessed by men!
- In a nutshell:An elegant beauty :)
This place is quite a landmark. An impressive statue of the founder of Iceland is located outside it. Inside, there is... more travel advice
This place is funky - water is treated & heated here, ready to then be supplied to the households of Reykjavik. It sits... more travel advice
Durfun's Related Pages
South Iceland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The south-coast of Iceland."
- "On not seeing the Northern Lights"
- "From the Glaciers to the Ocean"
- "The Surreal Glaciers..."
- "Land of Midnight Sun, Northern Lights, and more :)"
- "In awe"
- "Iceland is a cool place to visit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Iceland
- Hotels in South Iceland
- Transportation in South Iceland
- Restaurants in South Iceland
- Shopping in South Iceland
- Warnings and Dangers in South Iceland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in South Iceland
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to South Iceland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Iceland
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: transport to hotel"
- Commented on one of Regina1965's South Iceland tips
- Wrote a Review Hallgrimskirkja - largest church in Iceland in South Iceland Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hallgrimskirkja - largest church in Iceland"
- created a South Iceland Travel Page "Land of Midnight Sun, Northern Lights, and more :)"
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 116 reviews, 362 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 13 reviews, 65 photos
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 59 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 17 reviews, 57 photos
- Dublin Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos
- Tampere Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos