"Preparing for the long-awaited safaris!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Arusha by Durfun
Arusha Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 110 photos
In the morning at 0700 hours we left Nairobi for Arusha, which is situated at the foothills of the mountains.
The tour operator had already been informed of our arrival, so he was there to receive us at the coach station.
There are so many options & reserves to choose from.
I was keen on climbing Kilimanjaro, but my cuz wasn't.. so we settled for just doing the safaris through 4 major parks. We chose Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater, Maasai Mara & Serengeti.
We decided on Serena group resorts (owned by Aga Khan) for each park, ending up at Mount Meru hotel in Arusha for 1 night. The plan was to then see Mt Kili on our way to the airport.
For a while we chilled out at a restaurant to have Ugaali & Suku ma weeki, staples of the locals. This stuff certainly is filling!!
We tanked up on our packed lunches & snacks, lots of water, drinks, etc before heading off to Lake Manyara.
- Pros:Busy city centre, ideal for all supplies
- Cons:A bit crowded with various tour agents
- In a nutshell:The place from where all safaris take off!
Here, you just have to try Ugaali (made from a root vegetable, a bit like Topiaca) & Sukuma weeki (a curry made using... more travel advice
Durfun's Related Pages
Arusha Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Preparing for the long-awaited safaris!!!"
- "A fantastic experience in Tanzania"
- "Stopover before the photographic safari"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arusha
- Hotels in Arusha
- Transportation in Arusha
- Restaurants in Arusha
- Shopping in Arusha
- Warnings and Dangers in Arusha
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arusha
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Arusha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arusha
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 116 reviews, 362 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 13 reviews, 65 photos
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 59 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 17 reviews, 57 photos
- Dublin Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos
- Tampere Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos