"The French Riviera :)" Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur by Durfun
Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Travel Guide: 6,767 reviews and 17,378 photos
The Cote D'Azur stretches from the second city of France (Marseilles), all the way east to Monaco.
Lots of lovely resorts & retreats are there to be found along the way. Given the range (distance) covered, you are sureto find the exact kind of sopt that appeals to you most, be it a busy showbiz capital like Cannes, the high life of St Tropez, the exclusivity of Cap Ferrat, or the seclusion of a hidden stretch (I cannot name it, or else it won't remain hidden anymore!! ;))
Nice is well located to reach all areas, being just a few hours away from St Tropez, and only 30 minutes from Monaco.
Now, that's got to be a bonus! When you hit the jackpot (at the Grand Casiono), you can decide to buy any stretch of the coast that you desire, provided it is not owned already ;)
Heard of Grasse? It's the perfume capital of the world, and certainly was a few hundred years ago.
The trade of manufacturing perfumed leather gloves evolved into the world of scents as we know it today.
Make your way to this lovely city, high up of some hills, with loads of aromatic flowers & plants growing in it's backyard. The climate around the city is ideal for plants important in the manufacture of scents to thrive here.
Check out the Museum here to learn about the history of perfumes and the manufacturing process.
You can even get lessons & training for 4 hours, after which you can create an individual scent of your own!!
- Pros:Great weather, inviting waters... JUMP RIGHT IN!
- Cons:Some parts can get very busy in summer
- In a nutshell:France's piece of paradise :)
Durfun's Related Pages
Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Provence in the autumn is beautiful!"
- "La Provence par Porteplume"
- "Cote d'Azur"
- "A Beer in Provence"
- "Provence and Cote de Azur"
- "My Cote D'Azur"
- "Provence 2008 - Off Season"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Hotels in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Transportation in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Nightlife in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Restaurants in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Shopping in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Warnings and Dangers in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 16 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Photos in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'AzurSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 112 reviews, 349 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 13 reviews, 65 photos
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 59 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos
- Tampere Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (92)
Top Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur hotels
- Nice Hotels
- 1785 Reviews - 3832 Photos
- Cannes Hotels
- 443 Reviews - 1104 Photos
- Menton Hotels
- 131 Reviews - 292 Photos
- Avignon Hotels
- 416 Reviews - 1179 Photos
- Marseille Hotels
- 771 Reviews - 1747 Photos
- Aix-en-Provence Hotels
- 331 Reviews - 713 Photos
- Villefranche-sur-Mer Hotels
- 94 Reviews - 210 Photos
- Juan-les-Pins Hotels
- 38 Reviews - 58 Photos
- Antibes Hotels
- 196 Reviews - 491 Photos
- Éze Hotels
- 207 Reviews - 640 Photos
- Vence Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 60 Photos
- Arles Hotels
- 299 Reviews - 810 Photos
- Saint-Tropez Hotels
- 81 Reviews - 260 Photos
- Risoul Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 11 Photos
- La Colle-sur-Loup Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 14 Photos