"Land of the Pathans" Kabul by Durfun
Kabul Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 289 photos
Got off the Ariana Afghan plane, which is made by Russian Aeroflot.
It was 50 degrees celsius outside!! Something I'd never experienced, or thought possible.
The landscape around was rough & rugged, sign of the land unconquered.
The highlight of the trip was the absolutely stunning air stewardess.
And when I say all, I mean ALL eyes were on her - both male & female!! She certainly was not lacking admirers.
It was only last year (2005) that I discovered she was in fact the top model of the country.
All around the perimeter of the airport, there were boys no older than 16-17, armed with machine-guns!!
We had walked into a war-zone!
The kids looked very smart & tough, yet upon being greeted warmly, they happily reciprocated with a disarming smile.
- Pros:Check into the land of 'toughies'.
- Cons:Extremely hot in summer; no air-con in the terminal bldg
- In a nutshell:Land of the men of honour!
Upon greeting the locals thus, they would reciprocate with 'Valaikum Asalaam'. It's always good to exchange... more travel advice
Durfun's Related Pages
Kabul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The once magnificent city of Kabul"
- "Kabul - a city yet to be loved"
- "Afghanistan - The land that was"
- "Krazy for Kabul"
- "Kabul City, Afghanistan"
- "The Exotic and Ancient Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kabul
- Hotels in Kabul
- Transportation in Kabul
- Nightlife in Kabul
- Restaurants in Kabul
- Shopping in Kabul
- Warnings and Dangers in Kabul
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kabul
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Kabul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kabul
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 112 reviews, 349 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 13 reviews, 65 photos
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 59 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos
- Tampere Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos