"inthe middle of nowhere" Gumushane Ili by erendilight
Gumushane Ili Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 17 photos
Gumushane is a little city of 30000 people total in the middle of East Anatolia and the Black sea Region. There are not much to do except seeing the beautiful scenery..
Karaca Magarasi is known since ancient times, the entrance area was used as a natural shelter by ancient man. The area around the cave consists of 1000m thick andezitic and basaltic lavas, tufas and agglomerates. In between this volcanic rocks lie some small patches of sedimentary rocks of limestone and marl. The cave is located in such a patch of marble, which is heavily fractured.
Karaca cave has abundant speleothems, and the most impressive sight are numerous rimstone pools. Getting bigger and more beautiful towards the end of the cave they are up to 1m deep. The pools are often filled with dripping water, but there is no cave river any more. The tour follows the horizontal main passage of the cave through four chambers. Two of the chambers are divided by such an amount of speleothems, that most people would count six chambers. The passage is rather big, starting at about 2m at the entrance it becomes higher and the average height is 18m.
a place to relax..
- Cons:themsot boring place on earth...
the spider forest... it is assum... fantastic... 25 kms south f gumushane on the way to a little town called kelkit...... more travel advice
every spring there are several feasts which gathers a lot of people in a picnic kind atmosphere... can be very... more travel advice
erendilight's Related Pages
Gumushane Ili Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Gumushane Ili
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Gumushane Ili?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gumushane Ili
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodrum Intro, 73 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrenia District Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Akyaka Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Nicosia Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Olympos Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Regensburg Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Gumushane Ili Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos