"THE LILE SECRET OF HOLLAND" Amersfoort by erendilight
Amersfoort Travel Guide: 149 reviews and 339 photos
The nickname for Amersfoort, Keistad (stone-city), originates in the Amersfoortse Kei, a boulder that was dragged into the city in 1661 by 400 people because of a bet. This story embarrassed the inhabitants, and they buried the boulder in the city, but after it was found again in 1903 it was placed on a prominent spot as a monument.
erendilight's Related Pages
Amersfoort Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Amersfoort The city of monuments"
- "Amersfoort, old fortified town in the middle of NL"
- "Amersfoort, a pleasurable place"
- "The Stone City"
- "Amersfoort (Keistad)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amersfoort
- Hotels in Amersfoort
- Transportation in Amersfoort
- Nightlife in Amersfoort
- Restaurants in Amersfoort
- Shopping in Amersfoort
- Warnings and Dangers in Amersfoort
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Amersfoort
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Amersfoort?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amersfoort
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodrum Intro, 73 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrenia District Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Akyaka Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Nicosia Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Olympos Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Regensburg Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Gumushane Ili Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos