"Cholula Ruins" Top 5 Page for this destination Cholula by JeSuisJill
Cholula Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 103 photos
What I LIKED about Cholula are the RUINS, of course. You pay about $3 to enter into what felt like a mine shaft that is completely DARK, COOL, DANK and crowded. I was a bit nervous as some of the Mexican tourists ahead of me kept stopping to look at scratches in the wall or a relic in a hole. At one point, there was an angry MOB behind me yelling to get the slo-pokes up front moving. Once you're out of the cavern you find yourself upon a lower landing in front of a church. Then you walk around this mountain up a hill PAST food, chatchkey and religious vendors up to the church.
Lovely yellow church on top of a mountain as is usually the case in Mexico as the Spaniards BUILD most of their Catherdals right on top of the Indigeonous' .. So the discovery of the ruins UNDER and AROUND the church is the tourist attraction.
I hope this makes sense.
So, around the Church you will be amazed at the views that can be found. It is also amazing to see the ruins peeking out from the sides of the mountain as this area is STILL being renovated.
So, someday in the future, we'll be able to see the ENTIRE PYRAMID!
This is just a LEG of it ...
- Pros:Easy Acces from Puebla. Its small and EASy to get around.
I bought a LOT outside of the sites ... mini watermelon (Sandilla) and little coffee mugs and whatnots ... more travel advice
JeSuisJill's Related Pages
Cholula Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Great Pyramid of Cholula"
- "Cholula - the biggest pyramid of the Americas"
- "Cholula Ruins"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cholula
- Transportation in Cholula
- Restaurants in Cholula
- Warnings and Dangers in Cholula
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cholula
- 3 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Cholula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cholula
Photos in CholulaSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles 8 reviews, 30 photos
- Prague Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Germany Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Figueres Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cholula Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chiapas Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Acapulco Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Zacatecas Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
No friends yet.