"Kotor - A Montenegrin Must See" Kotor by Iteris
Kotor Travel Guide: 552 reviews and 1,292 photos
Kotor is a fascinating town which lies at the foot of one of Europes deepest fjords. It's main attraction is an old medieval walled town which is UNESCO listed and dates back to the 12th Century.
Once in the fjord the views in all directions are fantastic, whether its from the port area looking up to the steep hills, or making your way up the winding path behind the old town to a height of atleast 400 ft!
Amongst the entanglement of streets lie old churches and squares which are linked together by narrow streets which contain shops, bars, restaurants, houses and quite a lot of cats and dogs.
Directly behind the old town the fjord rises steeply, and an ancient stone pathway consisting of over 1200 steps takes you to an old fortress at the top, passing many shrines and ruined battlements along the way.
If it is not too hot, too dark, or too slippery, the highlight of your visit to Kotor will be climbing these old walls. The views are outstanding and it makes you feel like you are in another world.
- Pros:Great Views, Peaceful Location
- Cons:Suitable for only a few days sightiseeing
- In a nutshell:Unimaginable Scenery In A Hidden Corner Of Europe
My friend and I travelled to Kotor from Dubrovnik in Croatia. We went through passport control at the border and got on... more travel advice
I believe you can accomplish the main sight-seeing in Kotor within a day. - Spend time walking through the narrow... more travel advice
Iteris' Related Pages
Kotor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kotor and Europe's Deepest Fjord"
- "K O T O R"
- "Kotor Rebuilt"
- "The jewel of Montenegro"
- "WELCOME TO KOTOR!!!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kotor
- Hotels in Kotor
- Transportation in Kotor
- Nightlife in Kotor
- Restaurants in Kotor
- Shopping in Kotor
- Warnings and Dangers in Kotor
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kotor
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kotor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kotor
Photos in KotorSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kotor Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dubrovnik Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Lille Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budva Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Coventry 1 review, 1 photo