"Bianca's Travels" binkieloo's Profile
I was born in Pretoria South Africa in 1977, to Jenette and Kevin Sprong. My dad at the time was studying to become a minister in the church. This meant that I moved around South Africa quite a lot growing up.
I lived in Pretoria, Grahamstown, Pinetown, Brackenhurst (outside Jo'burg), Bergville, Durban and Pietermaritzburg. I think this gave me an appreciation for change and the ability to adjust easily.
Most of my travels have usually been work related. I have managed to travel to many places, considering my means. I worked as an Au Pair in the US, used a free flight to get to the UK where I worked too. After being home for 6 months I got itchy feet and found a job teaching English in Taiwan. And now I am back in the States with the same family I Au Paired for having watched their kids for the summer.
I worked as a travel agent in South Africa for 2 years, this gave me even more reason to travel. Although I had hoped for more perks, and the ability to travel extensively it didn't really work out that way. I did get to visit all sorts of interesting places vicariously through my clients though. I managed one trip as a perk - a 5 night stay in Dubai which was a terrific trip that I shared with my Dad. My mom and I having been on my first London trip together.
I am new to this website, but it was recommended to me by someone who saw me posting on the Fodor's site. I love sharing my view and I really hope that I can find a place for myself in this medium.
I grew up knowing that I would one day travel the world. My parents talked nostalgically about having saved up to travel to Europe when they had started working. My parents all through my childhood went on every trip they could - sacrificing treats for a chance to see a new place.
I started my international travels when I was 19 with trip to London. This was a surprise 21st birthday present - the surprise was it was two years early.
Since the trip to London, I have lived in London for 8 months and have visited again. I worked in the Scottish Highlands for a summe. I worked in Taipei as an English teacher for a summer, and whilst there visited Singapore and Hong Kong. I visited Sydney for 2 months.
I lived in the US in 1999, as an Au Pair and am back again and have been here since June 2004.
My most recent trip was to San Francisco which was just a few weeks ago. (March 05)
My dream is to one day find a job where they'll pay me to travel the world.
So I am a little busy playing tour guide and having lots of fun. I will have lots to add to my pages when she goes home. Which will be sad! But it's so good having her here now!
Well I thought I would have lots to add but it hasn't worked out that way lol. It's a year later and I can't remember anything spectacular except going to the National Mall for the 4th of July fireworks.
I am sure I will have more to add about this trip. Their trip is purely as tourists so there will be more to write about. We already have a trip to the Shenandoah Valley Hot Air Balloon and Wine Festival planned. And possibly a trip to Niagara.
I will keep you updated.... (I hope)
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 34 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- binkieloo and Callavetta are now friends.
- updated a Washington D.C. Travelogue "The National Cherry Parade"
- Wrote a Review 4th of July Fireworks about The National Mall in Washington D.C. Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "4th of July Fireworks"
- Posted in Travel South Africa Forum "RE: RE: Cheap Airfares to SA"
updated their Profile Page "Bianca's Travels"
- Commented on DesertRat's profile page
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Dubai Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Durban Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Hershey Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Invergarry Intro, 2 reviews
- Sydney Intro, 1 review
- Lesotho Intro, 1 review
- Paris Hotels
- 22471 Reviews - 55005 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3096 Reviews - 5870 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos