"Bianca's Travels" binkieloo's Profile

A little more about me.

I was born in Pretoria South Africa in 1977, to Jenette and Kevin Sprong. My dad at the time was studying to become a minister in the church. This meant that I moved around South Africa quite a lot growing up.

I lived in Pretoria, Grahamstown, Pinetown, Brackenhurst (outside Jo'burg), Bergville, Durban and Pietermaritzburg. I think this gave me an appreciation for change and the ability to adjust easily.

Most of my travels have usually been work related. I have managed to travel to many places, considering my means. I worked as an Au Pair in the US, used a free flight to get to the UK where I worked too. After being home for 6 months I got itchy feet and found a job teaching English in Taiwan. And now I am back in the States with the same family I Au Paired for having watched their kids for the summer.

I worked as a travel agent in South Africa for 2 years, this gave me even more reason to travel. Although I had hoped for more perks, and the ability to travel extensively it didn't really work out that way. I did get to visit all sorts of interesting places vicariously through my clients though. I managed one trip as a perk - a 5 night stay in Dubai which was a terrific trip that I shared with my Dad. My mom and I having been on my first London trip together.

I am new to this website, but it was recommended to me by someone who saw me posting on the Fodor's site. I love sharing my view and I really hope that I can find a place for myself in this medium.

A Brief History of my travels...

I grew up knowing that I would one day travel the world. My parents talked nostalgically about having saved up to travel to Europe when they had started working. My parents all through my childhood went on every trip they could - sacrificing treats for a chance to see a new place.

I started my international travels when I was 19 with trip to London. This was a surprise 21st birthday present - the surprise was it was two years early.

Since the trip to London, I have lived in London for 8 months and have visited again. I worked in the Scottish Highlands for a summe. I worked in Taipei as an English teacher for a summer, and whilst there visited Singapore and Hong Kong. I visited Sydney for 2 months.

I lived in the US in 1999, as an Au Pair and am back again and have been here since June 2004.

My most recent trip was to San Francisco which was just a few weeks ago. (March 05)

My dream is to one day find a job where they'll pay me to travel the world.

My sister, Camilla spent the summer of 2005 here.

So I am a little busy playing tour guide and having lots of fun. I will have lots to add to my pages when she goes home. Which will be sad! But it's so good having her here now!

Well I thought I would have lots to add but it hasn't worked out that way lol. It's a year later and I can't remember anything spectacular except going to the National Mall for the 4th of July fireworks.

My parents are coming to visit me...

I am sure I will have more to add about this trip. Their trip is purely as tourists so there will be more to write about. We already have a trip to the Shenandoah Valley Hot Air Balloon and Wine Festival planned. And possibly a trip to Niagara.

I will keep you updated.... (I hope)

• Intro Updated Jul 22, 2006

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Wishing you a great year and a Happy Birthday!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Wishing you the best of birthdays. Hope you are doing something you love to do today. Or... leave work early!

• ghibli88's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2007 at 7:19 AM

A warm Happy super birthday to you,best wishes from hot and sunny Italy.

• takla73's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2007 at 12:30 AM

Happy Birthday BIANCA and have a nice day Greeting from Alexandria Egypt TAKLA

• ellielou's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2006 at 5:34 PM

I noticed you were in the area, more of less, and wanted to alert you to a big Baltimore VT mtg, Baltoberfest. There's a member page by that name for more info, or check out the meetings and events for Sept. 15!!

• RAJASTHANBYCAR's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2006 at 11:12 AM

Dear Bianca Happy Birthday to youuuuu and greeting from India Mahavir Yadav.

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2006 at 3:17 AM

Happy birthday from Italy!

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2006 at 10:26 PM

Hi there!!! Happy Birthday to you:-)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2006 at 8:21 PM

Have a very special birthday with lots of good food, great friends, fun times, and I hope your travels this year bring much satisfaction.

• vhasouth's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2005 at 9:02 AM

Have a extra special day today!! Happy Birthday from Hartselle, AL

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
binkieloo's Profile Photo

binkieloo

“The World is an open book, I cant seem to turn the pages fast enough”

Real Name