"Peaceful City" Top 5 Page for this destination Davao City by shi612
Davao City Travel Guide: 537 reviews and 1,798 photos
First and foremost, Davao is a peaceful city. Though it has a million population, there are no traffic signals nor ordinary buses. I felt time passes slower than Manila.
It was Palm Sunday when I visited in 2005. The San Pedro Cathedral, open to San Pedro Street, was jam-packed with people all the day. Outside the church there were fair stall to sell crosses made of palm.
Jeepnies are the most popular public transportation vehicle here. During the trip I was impressed that this large city did not have any traffic signals. But later on this picture, I found one. The fact is that there are some traffic signals but none of them are working. Driving in Philippines is simple in a way. You find a space; you go into it; repeat. It seems no one think the traffic signals necessary. They say "Davao has no trafic signals but traffic".
- Pros:Peaceful, friendly, clean, cheap
- Cons:Poor international access, industry
- In a nutshell:The land of promise and unbroken dreams
Agdao Public Market is very busy place. You can find anything here, from foods to used cloths. Live chickens and goats... more travel advice
This is a museum of Japanese who came to Davao to work in abaca plantations. There were about 20 thousand Japaneses in... more travel advice
shi612's Related Pages
Davao City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Davao City!"
- "Davao: The Place Beyond the High Grounds"
- "The world's largest city"
- "Davao City -Home Sweet Home"
- "Peaceful City"
- "MY HOME"
- "Madayaw Davao!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Davao City
- Hotels in Davao City
- Transportation in Davao City
- Nightlife in Davao City
- Restaurants in Davao City
- Shopping in Davao City
- Warnings and Dangers in Davao City
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Davao City
- 11 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Davao City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Davao City
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davao City Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Samal Island Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nikko Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Nakatsugawa Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos