"I love a sunburnt plain ..." sunburntaussie's Profile

Please help with my travel research!

14.3.07 Update
Hi everyone - I've taken a break from travelling to do my PhD - although I am doing it on travelling.

I need a bit of help if you've got 5 minutes. I'm doing a survey of travellers for people who have been on a trip in the last 5 years that was longer than 6 weeks.

If you've got a moment, the survey is at:

Where am I now?

Next Trip: Unknown (I have to wait till my credit card gets smaller!)

Although Brisbane is my home, I'm actually living in the UK in a small country called Wales. I live in the city Cardiff, working for one of the UK government departments as I save to go traveling. Unfortunately I'm working more than travelling but that should change soon.

Wales is a gorgeous country. Full of lush green fields, friendly people and more medieval castles then any other country in Europe. I really like it here and I'm proud to call it home for the time being.

I don't know how long I will be here, at the moment I'm just taking each day and each monthly pay packet as it comes (and goes almost the same day)

My Brisbane

Brisbane is my home town and I think its truly amazing. Its small enough so you don't get lost but big enough to give you everything you ever need. I lived in Brisbane for 3 and a half years, which were some of the best of my life. One day I'll stop travelling and go back! I've listed a few places that I like below but please drop me a line if I can help any other way.

Mt Cootha

Mt Cootha is a look out just outside Brisbane city, near the suburbs of Toowong and Indooroopilly. It's one of the most scenic and romantic points of the city. Definately a must whether your a tourist or a couple on a romantic break.

During the summer months, there are quite a few tourists at the lookout or eating in the restaurant but don't let that stop you. The most spectacular times are early in the morning as the sun rises over the city or late at night as the sun sets. Nights are amazing as well because you can see all the wonderful lights of the city.

There are a few buses that go from the city to Mt Cootha and up to the look out where you can easily spend an hour or two just taking in the view. If you're driving then there are plenty of signs - just follow the signs to Indooroopilly and the Western Suburbs and pick up Mt Cootha signs from there. The planetarium is nearby so keep an eye out for that as well.

South Bank

SouthBank is a man made beach and parklands right in the middle of the city! Nothing beats swimming at SouthBank with your friends on a hot afternoon watching the hussle and bussle of the city. Then casually getting out of the water to have a BBQ and a drink.

Its usually quite busy so make sure you get there early, but its definately worth it. I can't recommend this place enough.

Families, young people and seniors are more than welcome at this really safe and relaxing part of Brisbane. It's only a stones through away from the city (just of a Bridge) and gives you amazing sites of my favourite city in the world.

• Intro Updated Mar 14, 2007

• soncnica's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2007 at 1:20 AM

Happy belated birthday ;) Hope your PhD is going fine & wishing you the best year ever, filled with travels and love! :) :X

• funnybeee's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2007 at 9:42 AM

WOAH! Haven't seen you in a LOOOOONG time! Beee :)

• AlwaysATourist's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2006 at 9:13 PM

Happy Birthday from NYC, VT friend. Nice pages .Peace!

• kooka3's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2006 at 5:15 AM

I wish I had more time to expore your hometown! I only had 1 1/2 days in Brisbane. I worked my way up the coast from Sydney, then back down inland. I friend was expecting me in Glen Innes before going back to Uni. Next time I won't rush thrugh Brisbane.

• peerapa's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2005 at 10:31 AM

Hooray!!!...It's Christmas! Here's wishing you a Christmas filled with a whole lotta happiness & cheer!!...a Merry Christmas & a Very Happy New Year!!!....May

• Zanzibargirl's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2005 at 6:04 PM

xmas greetings, merry festivies and a happy and safe new year...

• mesoblonda's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2005 at 10:15 AM

Happy belated birthday!

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2005 at 12:50 AM

Wishing you all the best for your birthday! I hope you have a splendid day Chris and are spoilt rotten! :) Jen x

• Gentleman75's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2005 at 12:32 AM

Happy Birthday, Chris! Best wishes from Hungary!

• vhasouth's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2005 at 6:39 PM

Hi, I just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday from Hartselle, Alabama

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!