"Beach Closest To Managua" Pochomil by Beast
Pochomil Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 102 photos
The beach of Pochomil is one of the more developed beaches in Nicaragua. That is, there are a few simple, Nicaraguan-style restaurants. The beach is wide and the water is good for swimming and relaxing in a tropical environment. The easiest way of accessing the beach is from one of the comedores "small thatched roof, family owned, restaurants) along the coastline. Wherever you go, you will for sure have some kids and women walking by with small items for sale. They sell a variety of colorful shell-made animals, necklaces, bracelets and earrings. The prices are low. Don't beat them up too much over price. Life is tough here.
- Pros:Not very developed
- Cons:Not very developed :)
- In a nutshell:quiet year around, except for Easter Week (Semana Santa). Never a bad sunset here. Cheap local beer and rum.
Few people, including Nicaraguans, know of the large number of unstudied archeological sites in the low lands near... more travel advice
Pochomil is south of Managua about 1 hour on the Pacific Ocean. It is a popular weekend spot for people living in... more travel advice
Beast's Related Pages
Pochomil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pochomil Beach -- Nicaragua Pacific Coast"
- "At the beach in Pochomil"
- "Beach Closest To Managua"
- "Great beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pochomil
- Hotels in Pochomil
- Transportation in Pochomil
- Nightlife in Pochomil
- Restaurants in Pochomil
- Shopping in Pochomil
- Warnings and Dangers in Pochomil
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pochomil
- 9 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Pochomil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pochomil
Photos in PochomilSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Nicaragua Intro, 14 reviews, 42 photos
- Isla de Ometepe Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Matagalpa Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Granada Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Pochomil Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Oregon Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montana Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- San Juan del Sur Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Canada Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Wyoming Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos